Handoff not working between iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I updated my iPhone and iPad to iOS 8 yesterday. I totally love it! But I can't get handoff to work. My iPad mini is a first generation. I've had them both connected to the same wifi network, and have Bluetooth turned on on both. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is the only device I've updated so I can't test out Handoff at this time. Sorry.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had a .mac account since the iTools days so my account works with @mac.com, @me.com, and @icloud.com .. I was having problems with handoff working correctly a couple of betas ago and noticed that my iCloud was signed in as .mac on one device and .me on another device. When I changed all my devices to be logged into .mac viola everything starting working properly. I would start there, especially if you have a legacy account. Hope that helps.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely some bugs with beta 5 and Handoff. It works with Bluetooth and while I was on my iPad and could see my iPhone listed among the Bluetooth enabled devices, I could never connect to it, and vice versa. Sometimes it would connect but most times it wouldn't. See if you can connect with each device in the Bluetooth settings section.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77