iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about downloading it for my iPad as well now. Beta 4 seems stable enough. Just wondering why my Photostream has disappeared entirely on iPhone and if the same would happen to my iPad if I upgrade? Anyone running the beta on iPad that could help me out? Is there still photo synch (via iCloud) between the two devices with beta4?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait one more beta before I use it on my daily driver... It's close but not close enough for me yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about downloading it for my iPad as well now. Beta 4 seems stable enough. Just wondering why my Photostream has disappeared entirely on iPhone and if the same would happen to my iPad if I upgrade? Anyone running the beta on iPad that could help me out? Is there still photo synch (via iCloud) between the two devices with beta4?
From what I can see on my ipad mini running beta 4 and my iphone 5S running 7.1.2, it looks to me like camera roll and photo stream have been combined into the photos app. Pics I took at the weekend and also today are showing up in my photostream on my iphone 5s and in the photos album on the ipad mini and all my photostream pics are showing up on my ipad mini correctly

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Choices remain 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly and manually.
Dang. I don't think IMAP IDLE is on the ios8 menu. I have sent a feedback to Apple ( not dev feedback). Lets see if they take it in their stride.

Last edited:

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I think Beta 4 is ready to stick on my daily driver. No major bugs, a couple of reprings but irregular enough not to be bothered by them.

Battery life is still rather poor, though that's to be expected with apps having not been optimized for it yet.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It may just be my imagination, but Beta 4 seems a lot quicker, and smoother. Most of the stuff I reported in Beta 3 seems to have already been addressed.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
beta 3 was stable for me as well but my biggest issue was app incompatibility. And the occasional complete freeze of the screen. lets see how beta 4 fares

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
So is the keyboard bug only relevant to quick replies or throughout the OS with beta 4? I've been chatting with others who don't see this issue.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I always do OTA updates when they are available. I haven't had any battery life issues. Yet, at least.

Currently at 77% and it's only been off the charger for an hour. Took one phone call. Took one photo. Browsed Facebook and IG for a few minutes. I usually do a whole lot more by now. On beta 3 I could listen to pandora all day and take phone calls and emails and end the day at 56%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't obsess over the number... Just use it as you normally do and the number will work itself out. Sometimes this happens with betas, and even after betas.

I usually don't. Actually the problem app seems to be Tapatalk. I'm still going to do a clean install via DFU tonight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.