iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405986808.315352.jpg
In Instagram if you're viewing a single picture and swipe towards the Right to go back, everything becomes Black and forces you to quit the application and reopen it. Very, very frustrating.
However, if you use the Back arrow to go back this bug is almost non-existent.

Sent from my Custom Gold&Co.
iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Proud Owner and Founder of http://Zamkato.com

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
after doing a clean install via dfu and then restoring my backup in itunes none of my apps seem to have their app data. i had to re-login/setup all the apps again.

Update: i restored from backup on itunes again and it seems to worked properly this time.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished restoring as new and am in the process of putting things the way I want it. The overall stability of beta 4, at least on my iPhone 5, appears better than beta 3 thus far, and I used beta 3 as my daily driver for its duration.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just finished restoring as new and am in the process of putting things the way I want it. The overall stability of beta 4, at least on my iPhone 5, appears better than beta 3 thus far, and I used beta 3 as my daily driver for its duration.

It's definitely great so far on my iPad 2, it's solid on my 5S as well

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I now have Beta 4 installed on my device. Here's how I did it;

I was on 7.1.1, jailbroken. But I restored to 7.1.2, but "Shift Updated" to iOS 8. I didn't restore with it. Is that ok? I set it up on 7.1.2, but immediately updated to 8 after.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Did OTA instead of DFU this time. Battery life is not good right now. Dropping 4-5% every five minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i'm now seeing the 'photos' tab on itunes when the phone is connected. in the last 3 betas i wasn't able to sync my photos via itunes (windows). now it seems to be working.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the guts to try the ios beta yet. I need my daily driver to be stable. Think this is a good one or should I wait for beta 5

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the guts to try the ios beta yet. I need my daily driver to be stable. Think this is a good one or should I wait for beta 5

I've been only using for a couple of minutes so far. But imho, there's really no performance differences between this and iOS 7. Excluding the minor bugs occasionally found throughout the software, And reading other reports about this beta, I think it's very much able to be used as a daily driver.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That depends on your usage and your needs. Beta 4 is definitely stable enough as a daily driver for "me", but so was beta 3....:)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Nothin big, just wanted to report.

If in a conversation with someone, you cannot facetime a contact from there without the springboard crashing..

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, forum newbie here... been a reader of iMore for quite some time, but only just signed up to the forum.. English living in HK
Apple user since 98...
Been using iOS 8 beta on ipad mini since beta 1 and it has generally been OK to use, but now with beta 4 I think it is stable enough to load on my main ipad air and 5S...

Couple of things to note, today it seems that when my ipad mini wakes from sleep it auto connects to my 5S hotspot which hasnt happened before but believe this is a feature apple mentioned in their keynote... really cool as this always frustrated me

also, Evernote app doesnt appear to be working - freezes when opening and it has worked on previous betas...

Status
Not open for further replies.