p0sixspwn-v.1.0.8 jailbreak not working on iOS 6.1.3 iPod Touch 4

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been reluctant about jailbreaking my Apple device, but when I got an iPad Air, I decided to try and jailbreak my old iPod Touch Fourth Generation. I used the tool: p0sixspwn-version 1.0.8. I made a backup of my device and then pressed Jailbreak. After it showed me the end of its progress, which supposedly is the end of the process, it said it MAY reboot a FEW times just to finalize. It's now been over ten hours and it's still rebooting!! :crying:
Cydia never appeared. Nothing changed, except for the endless reboot loop.. and the WiFi button that greyed out. I've been endlessly surfing the Internet to find a solution, but I didn't. Since I didn't find my problem mentioned, I decided to ask about it.
The iOS version is 6.1.3. The device has been updated OTA (over the air) (most probably).
I decided to try and unjailbreak the iPod, which is now considered jailbroken (p0sixspwn says so), although no traces of Jailbreak (cydia or anything) are appearing.
I SHOULD be easily able to unjailbreak it by restoring it:
When I press restore, it gives me an error (this is via iTunes)
When I press update, it gives me an error.
When I put my iPod in DFU mode and restore, it gives me an error.
When I reset all settings, nothing changes.
WHEN I RESET ALL SETTINGS AND CONTENT TO FACTORY SETTINGS, WHICH MAKES THE IPOD JUST LIKE A NEW ONE JUST OUT OF THE BOX, NOTHING ***** CHANGES. It's still now rebooting endlessly, and the WiFi button is still greyed out. By this, it seems that I've downloaded this jailbreaking tool from an unauthentic source or something, which negatively affected my iPod this way, but I hope it's not something serious.
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS are greatly appreciated; I need any help, from ways to complete the jailbreak to other methods to completely unjailbreak. Anything to stop the rebooting and greyed out WiFi button.
If there are any programs to unjailbreak, this would be great cuz in some sites they said the only way to unjailbreak is to restore, which is impossible in my case.
Sorry for the long question, and thanks a lot for any help; I would be in awe if I find a solution to this, since I didn't find it elsewhere, and it would be a novelty!! :biggrin:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U need to place device into dfu mode then restore thru iTunes as new. That's your only option now that you're stuck in the bootloop

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
"There was an error trying to contact Apple Update Server" (cuz it needs to update to latest before it restores as new) as if the jailbreak installed a virus or something that stops all attempts to unjailbreak. (I hope not)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You can always try updating iTunes as well.
Or checking your hosts files to see if you have apples hosts blocked.

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks; I have the latest version of iTunes.
Can u pls clarify what u mean by hosts files?

All these days, I've tried other ways (since I unfortunately couldn't reach another computer yet), and I've spent a considerably great amount of time AND gigabytes; more than the iPod deserves lol. My current position is that I'm using redsnow to either jailbreak or restore using the several features in the program which seemed great in the beginning, with A LOT more features than posixspwn (which actually has no features except the jail breaking option). However, all these features didn't work, since when I jailbreak, in the end of the process it gave me an error: missing plist keys/data. From the net, I found that the solution to this is specifying an ipsw file manually before jailbreaking, but here comes THE PROBLEM WHICH STOPPED ALL REDSNOW OPTIONS FROM WORKING, MADE ME LOSE HOPE AFTER BEGINNING TO HAVE AGAIN, AND WHICH I HOPE I CAN FIND A SOLUTION FOR HERE, since I didn't find it elsewhere. It says "that ipsw is not supported by this version of redsnow" or "unable to parse; are you sure it's an ipsw?".
PLS SUGGEST ANYTHING, CUZ I DOWNLOADED SOMETHING LIKE SIX IPSW FILES!! EACH OF WHICH ARE OVER 800 MB AND I DON'T WANT THOSE TO GO WASTE. (I know I've been stupid)

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox