iOS 7.1.1 & 7.1.2 Jailbreak

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 7.1.1 & 7.1.2 Jailbreak

But is it really worth wiping and re jail breaking? I've got 90% of 7.1 (and the rest I don't care about) features with tweaks.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is apps requiring 7.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

But is it really worth wiping and re jail breaking? I've got 90% of 7.1 (and the rest I don't care about) features with tweaks.

To me it is still cause I love the themes, certain tweaks like LockInfo and color keyboard.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't know what bank you use, but I'm going to use software development experience to guess the answer to your question. It's more likely due to the bank than to you being in the UK. I've never heard of any regulations that require any apps to refuse connections to jailbroken, or rooted, devices. They may exist, but it's unlikely. If a bank goes beyond a nation's borders, it wouldn't want to run a check to verify the location of the user. If it believed the risk existed, it'd want to ban all users. It'd be strange to code it to check the user's data to verify they weren't from a certain nation.

FWIW All UK banks are doing this (or in the process). I had an email from my bank 2 weeks ago telling me that they were updating their app and from that new version it would not be usable on jailbroken devices.

I spoke with someone at the bank and they told me all UK banks have been told they are obliged to do this for security.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm unaware of anything in the API that would make 7.1 a requirement over 7.0. You're generally safe from that concern. The restrictions are usually to "iOS7/6/5" etc.

The most important reason to upgrade to 7.1 is related to the security flaw in 7.0 that was patched in 7.1

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I've just tried to jailbreak twice using the Windows version on 7.1.2 from a freshly restored via iTunes (no backup) and I get no Cydia icon after it's done. Anyone had any success?

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I've just tried to jailbreak twice using the Windows version on 7.1.2 from a freshly restored via iTunes (no backup) and I get no Cydia icon after it's done. Anyone had any success?

I had the same thing but found it worked when I turned off passcode then tried jail breaking again

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I JB'd mine last night on 7.1.2 and found that Cydia crashes now and again and also Notification Centre won't open in Settings, it just hangs. I've restored back to iOS backup now unfortunately.

CleverPin tweak won't work either so guessing that hasn't been updated for 7.1.2

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

As the person above said, was the passcode on? I keep all security off until the jailbreak is done.

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

As the person above said, was the passcode on? I keep all security off until the jailbreak is done.

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.

Yep the passcode was turned off. 7.1.1 was just fine, but I haven't been able to do 7.1.2 at all on Windows. I'll do it on my iMac later on. A few users on MacRumors and other places have said its hit or miss on Windows with 7.1.2.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Yep the passcode was turned off. 7.1.1 was just fine, but I haven't been able to do 7.1.2 at all on Windows. I'll do it on my iMac later on. A few users on MacRumors and other places have said its hit or miss on Windows with 7.1.2.

Try this, it worked for me when Cydia app didn't show up:

Make sure passcode is turned off and iTunes is not set to auto open when connecting your phone. Prepare the phone by altering the date and set Auto to off in date and time.

Connect your phone then wait to check iTunes does NOT open (if it does, close it).

Launch the Pangu JB app and wait then tap the icon when it tells you to.

If it all completes and the Cydia app doesn't appear but the Pangu icon remains, DON'T disconnect your phone.

Select "jailbreak" on your Windows computer again to run the JB again.

I had to re-run it twice but it worked.

I'm guessing it's something in 7.1.2 that the JB code is having difficulty with even though the exploit is still available.

Hope the above works for you.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Try this, it worked for me when Cydia app didn't show up:

Make sure passcode is turned off and iTunes is not set to auto open when connecting your phone. Prepare the phone by altering the date and set Auto to off in date and time.

Connect your phone then wait to check iTunes does NOT open (if it does, close it).

Launch the Pangu JB app and wait then tap the icon when it tells you to.

If it all completes and the Cydia app doesn't appear but the Pangu icon remains, DON'T disconnect your phone.

Select "jailbreak" on your Windows computer again to run the JB again.

I had to re-run it twice but it worked.

I'm guessing it's something in 7.1.2 that the JB code is having difficulty with even though the exploit is still available.

Hope the above works for you.

Alright, I'll try in a few minutes! Thanks.

taimur_3

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie and a new user to iPhone 5s. I am curenty on iOS 7.1.1 & I want to jailbreak my phone.

I want to ask that in order to jailbreak my phone, I shouldnt be caring about anything like my modem firmware or anything else? Rather just go ahead with the "Pangu" software?

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with iMessage? Everything was cool after jailbreaking (have been jail broken for some days now), but all of sudden, none of my iMessages are going through. They bounce back and then send as a text and yes it's to people who have iPhones. Just wondering if it's iMessage or something with the jailbreak?

I thought it was bitesms at first and uninstalled it, but still had issues.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with iMessage? Everything was cool after jailbreaking (have been jail broken for some days now), but all of sudden, none of my iMessages are going through. They bounce back and then send as a text and yes it's to people who have iPhones. Just wondering if it's iMessage or something with the jailbreak?

I thought it was bitesms at first and uninstalled it, but still had issues.

Little late but you can check the apple server status. https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...om%2Fsupport%2Fsystemstatus%2F&token=lpNhZ2kE
Or could have lost data to send iMessage and went to standard text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox