iOS 7.1.1 & 7.1.2 Jailbreak

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 7.1.1 & 7.1.2 Jailbreak

OMG, I've never been able to get my bank app's to work before on jailbroken devices. Even with certain cydia tweaks to stop them knowing you device is jailbroken. I'm in the UK, not sure if it has anything to do with that.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, that's a good point. I've never lived in the UK. I'm not 100% sure how the bank apps work there. Do you mind trying it, then if not, just restore via DFU mode?

I'm curious too.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7.1.1 Jailbreak

You know, that's a good point. I've never lived in the UK. I'm not 100% sure how the bank apps work there. Do you mind trying it, then if not, just restore via DFU mode?

I'm curious too.

So am I. I'll give it a go and report back. Do you know who produced this jailbreak as I've heard nothing from all my reliable sources over here that I take my advise from. Then bang, out pops a 7.1.1 tool from some team I've never heard of. If it was the Evasi0n team, then I would be a lot more confident with it.

I'll still give it a go though as I am curious too.

Thanks for not being rude like some people on here that think they know it all.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

So am I. I'll give it a go and report back. Do you know who produced this jailbreak as I've heard nothing from all my reliable sources over here that I take my advise from. Then bang, out pops a 7.1.1 tool from some team I've never heard of. If it was the Evasi0n team, then I would be a lot more confident with it.

I'll still give it a go though as I am curious too.

Thanks for not being rude like some people on here that think they know it all.

Thanks.

Don't quote me as I'm not 100% sure but they are saying someone on the Pangu team used to work for Apple. I'd read that somewhere and now can't find it. It was on one of the pages Google translate helped me read during my attempt to do the jailbreak (I didn't know there was an English guide).

Thanks! I'd love to know. If you decide to stay jailbroken, we'd love to see your set up in the jailbreak section on here. =D

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7.1.1 Jailbreak

I can't remember where I read this but an English version is coming, along with Mac and Linux versions of the jailbreak, no idea when though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Why be rude about it pal, I'm giving my point of view. I've been jailbreaking since the first iPhone came out. I know exactly what I'm talking about. I would jailbreak my phone just to prove a point, but I'm not going to be wasting valuable time on you!

If you knew "exactly what [you were] talking about," there wouldn't have been a number of posts immediately following yours that countered what you said. You assumed that because ONE app didn't work, ALL apps wouldn't work. That's crazy. If you're going to use that logic, you should just claim there aren't any apps that will work on a jailbroken device.

I'm not sure why you think giving a point of view makes any sense. This wasn't something that was opinion based. It was factual. There aren't points of views when dealing with facts. They either are or they aren't regardless of who is interpreting them. That's what makes them facts. If your "point of view" disagrees with the facts, you're giving erroneous information. That's not the same as giving an opinion that someone may disagree with.

What point would jailbreaking your phone prove? This was a discussion about bank apps working on jailbroken phones. Several here have already proven your assertion was false. You can't prove it by jailbreaking your phone. You wouldn't be wasting valuable time on me. You'd be wasting valuable time by not understanding the topic.

I'm harsh because a LOT of people like you offer bad information. This is counterproductive. It doesn't help you. It doesn't help those you're speaking to. It hurts the community. If you'd like me to be nicer to you, stop hurting the community.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

What I'm saying is that some of the people who work in the software engineering/software development live in China.

I'm just pointing out the phone being manufactured, or "made," in China has nothing to do with where software developers are located. There's an Apple office here in town, but when I was talking to them they were wanting me to move to Cal if we moved forward with job discussions. The vast majority of development takes place there.

I sincerely doubt there are many Apple employees that would risk the ramifications of violating that NDA for something like creating a jailbreak. It's not impossible, but it's a huge risk for little, if any, reward.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

If you knew "exactly what [you were] talking about," there wouldn't have been a number of posts immediately following yours that countered what you said. You assumed that because ONE app didn't work, ALL apps wouldn't work. That's crazy. If you're going to use that logic, you should just claim there aren't any apps that will work on a jailbroken device.

I'm not sure why you think giving a point of view makes any sense. This wasn't something that was opinion based. It was factual. There aren't points of views when dealing with facts. They either are or they aren't regardless of who is interpreting them. That's what makes them facts. If your "point of view" disagrees with the facts, you're giving erroneous information. That's not the same as giving an opinion that someone may disagree with.

What point would jailbreaking your phone prove? This was a discussion about bank apps working on jailbroken phones. Several here have already proven your assertion was false. You can't prove it by jailbreaking your phone. You wouldn't be wasting valuable time on me. You'd be wasting valuable time by not understanding the topic.

I'm harsh because a LOT of people like you offer bad information. This is counterproductive. It doesn't help you. It doesn't help those you're speaking to. It hurts the community. If you'd like me to be nicer to you, stop hurting the community.

Fair enough mate I here where you are coming from, maybe I was to quick to answer without trying, but you didn't have to be rude did you. However I forgive you as I now understand your point of view. I've just jailbroken my iPhone 5 here in the UK and my banking app goes to open then a message pops up saying 'this app will not work on modified devices'. It may be my bank, it may be coz I'm in the UK.

I'm going back to stock as I really need by banking app.

Cheers.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Fair enough mate I here where you are coming from, maybe I was to quick to answer without trying, but you didn't have to be rude did you. However I forgive you as I now understand your point of view. I've just jailbroken my iPhone 5 here in the UK and my banking app goes to open then a message pops up saying 'this app will not work on modified devices'. It may be my bank, it may be coz I'm in the UK.

I'm going back to stock as I really need by banking app.

Cheers.

I don't know what bank you use, but I'm going to use software development experience to guess the answer to your question. It's more likely due to the bank than to you being in the UK. I've never heard of any regulations that require any apps to refuse connections to jailbroken, or rooted, devices. They may exist, but it's unlikely. If a bank goes beyond a nation's borders, it wouldn't want to run a check to verify the location of the user. If it believed the risk existed, it'd want to ban all users. It'd be strange to code it to check the user's data to verify they weren't from a certain nation.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't know what bank you use, but I'm going to use software development experience to guess the answer to your question. It's more likely due to the bank than to you being in the UK. I've never heard of any regulations that require any apps to refuse connections to jailbroken, or rooted, devices. They may exist, but it's unlikely. If a bank goes beyond a nation's borders, it wouldn't want to run a check to verify the location of the user. If it believed the risk existed, it'd want to ban all users. It'd be strange to code it to check the user's data to verify they weren't from a certain nation.

It's is a good point. It must be my bank which is Barclays and Halifax, but not only bank apps have been refused to run on jailbroken devices.

Google: cydia tweak xcon

Then you will see what I'm talking about. Even if I install that tweak, my bank apps still won't work. Otherwise I would stay jailbroken. I love being jailbroken.

Thanks for your point of view.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Never had an issue with UK banking apps on with my jailbroken ip5 or ipad

Posted via iMore App

This is going to drive me mad now!! I wonder why I'm get the error. Arr, maybe it's because in the last year I've always restored from backup and not set up as a new phone. I know when you restore from backups, there can be old jailbreak data lingering around.

I'll try that as much as it pains me to set up as a new phone. I'll give it a go and come back with my findings.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

This is going to drive me mad now!! I wonder why I'm get the error. Arr, maybe it's because in the last year I've always restored from backup and not set up as a new phone. I know when you restore from backups, there can be old jailbreak data lingering around.

I'll try that as much as it pains me to set up as a new phone. I'll give it a go and come back with my findings.

Always set up as new. Seriously. I've had nothing but trouble when restoring. It puts back data that can conflict with the jailbreak.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Always set up as new. Seriously. I've had nothing but trouble when restoring. It puts back data that can conflict with the jailbreak.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Yes, I was aware but being Lazy! Silly really.

Thanks.

MDMcAtee

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I can't wait till I get my iPhone..I've been wanting to do this,for a while now. Hope this works out for everyone in the meantime
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

It's is a good point. It must be my bank which is Barclays and Halifax, but not only bank apps have been refused to run on jailbroken devices.

Google: cydia tweak xcon

Then you will see what I'm talking about. Even if I install that tweak, my bank apps still won't work. Otherwise I would stay jailbroken. I love being jailbroken.

Thanks for your point of view.

I'm aware there are apps that try to prevent jailbroken phones from running the app. Skype still bugs me when I open it. I never disputed it happens. I just expect it's more of an app running code for that purpose rather than doing so only in a single region. The additional check seems strange.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

If you're restoring from backup after you jailbreak, you'd have the residual jailbreak data and have the same issue stock if the residual data was to blame. I doubt you'll see any difference restoring as new.

You'd have an easier time asking him which bank he used that allowed the app to work. Alternatively, you could download other banks' apps while jailbroken to see which block access and which don't. Most of what you're looking to do can also likely be done from the bank's webpage.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Can I ask what theme this is please?
Thanks

I honestly don't remember what I did at the time... I'm sorry!

Hey guess what everyone!!!!

http://pangu.io/

Jailbreak for Mac is active.

I'm sure you guys already knew that. Plus they removed the option to install the piracy. You don't have to uncheck anything now. Enjoy!

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

My uk bank app always has worked on jailbroken device. What bothering me is not being able to get bridge to import audio tracks. Stuck on importing for too long. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk👍👍👍

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods