How can I erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ?

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone.
just observ that apple get some huge usage and diagnosic log from my phone.
now that i off this option , how can i erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ???

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How can I erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ?

hi everyone.
just observ that apple get some huge usage and diagnosic log from my phone.
now that i off this option , how can i erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ???

The diagnostic & usage feature is constantly recording information and thus, cannot be fully erased. A sync, however, will purge the old data from your device, but again, newer information will remain. At least, that's my understanding of it.

Last edited:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ?

Just adding onto what 'D shared. I was curious about the overall Diagnostic & Usage data size. This thread https://discussions.apple.com/message/24752020 indicates that the amount is small. Perhaps there are lots of entries on your phone so that it appears that there could be lots of storage space consumed for the log files.

I've always kept the Automatically Send set to On. I want Apple to know when/if there are problems with iOS, and there definitely are for me with iOS7.1.1 and iPhone 5S. Same for App developers. I'd like for them to know when their apps have issues so that they can improve their products, and in turn I can use even better quality apps.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I erase all the log stored on my iphone in diagnosic & usage ?

thanks to all of you guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73