Can I update to an earlier version of ios?

nunofyer bzness

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an iphone5 (jailbroken), and an iPad (not jailbroken). Both iThings are running a version of ios6. I need the iPhone jailbroken for a couple of Cydia applications. I am now finding that I find more and more regular apps that require ios7, but the current update is to 7.1.1, for which no jailbreak exists. The only way out of this catch-22 seem to be to update to a version of ios7.0.x and jailbreak it. But how can I do that? Is it possible to update my iThings to something that is ios7 but less than ios7.1?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple is not signing anything prior to 7.1.1. You'll either need to stay with what you have or update to 7.1.1 and wait for a jb.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

nunofyer bzness

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I had asked this before but couldn't find it in the thread, but my earlier post was answered. Apparently that is not possible. So, I guess I have to wait for ios8 and it's jailbreak.

It seems to me that there is now only a very small window for updating an jail breaking. I missed that because I am not really in the habit of checking the jailbreak options and ios updates every day. I think it would be a good idea to have some sort f notification service that could inform users when a jailbreak s available. Does that exist?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of an actual notification that tells you when a new jailbreak is available. I think most people use sites like this to find out about updates.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk