iOS 8 App Store Search Results

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the new search features in the App Store? Results now swipe from top to bottom rather than left to right. Looks a little awkward and not really sure if this makes searching apps any easier or faster.

Feels clumsy. Thoughts?

4eha7ype.jpg

a2ehaduh.jpg

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The clumsiness will fade away in time. It's my hope that the new App Store will also be improved for searching apps. I believe it will give the lesser known apps more exposure. Something needs to change. With about 1 million apps available, we only see a small fraction. The search bar has just not been adequate IMO.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
To clarify: I don't mean clumsy as in "buggy, or "beta-ish" but clumsy as in the entire top-to-bottom scroll feature. I do agree that Apple needs better search functionality, but this still doesn't seem to solve that.

I miss the days when it just simply listed results with small icons, etc. to the side. This seems to visually stimulated and you lose form and function, IMO.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I miss the days when it just simply listed results with small icons, etc. to the side. This seems to visually stimulated and you lose form and function, IMO.

You mean this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402922266.228925.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah! I mean obviously it's not as intuitive or "pretty" but it was a hell of a lot easier to find apps than it is now.

Yea I remember just putting in electronic arts and it would list all apps published by electronic arts now I can't even do that.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yea I remember just putting in electronic arts and it would list all apps published by electronic arts now I can't even do that.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Exactly! Guess aesthetics are more important than actual functionality.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The scroll feature will help when you need to go back to the first result. You can directly jump to the top of the list but with the left to right scrolling that was not available

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The scroll feature will help when you need to go back to the first result. You can directly jump to the top of the list but with the left to right scrolling that was not available

Ahh didn't think of that. Good point

matthysdt

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm running iOS8 beta 3 on my iPad and I'm unable to search for apps altogether. Just get a blank screen, even if I select one of the search suggestions.
Until this is fixed I cannot install any apps on my iPad that's not available from one of the featured apps lists.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm running iOS8 beta 3 on my iPad and I'm unable to search for apps altogether. Just get a blank screen, even if I select one of the search suggestions.
Until this is fixed I cannot install any apps on my iPad that's not available from one of the featured apps lists.
I had the same issue initially, but closing the app and then reopening it fixed the problem. Still, after I did a clean install, I haven't had any issues with the App Store, thankfully...:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Turn on the option to automatically download apps on your device, then install the apps via iTunes on your computer. Not perfect, but it does work.

ethansawicki

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Or google tweetbot itunes and it'll give you a link to the App Store then you can download it on your phone. Tweetbot was an example lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR