Random request to enter Apple ID password and deletion of sync iCloud contacts

bajanimore

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I random get requests to input my apple ID from my iPad 2 16GB WIFI and iPhone 4s 16GB. I also notice that my contacts sync from iCloud on my iPhone would randomly disappear and settings in iCloud settings would be be switched off and then have to switch them back on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I random get requests to input my apple ID from my iPad 2 16GB WIFI and iPhone 4s 16GB. I also notice that my contacts sync from iCloud on my iPhone would randomly disappear and settings in iCloud settings would be be switched off and then have to switch them back on.
That happened to me once after I changed my Apple (email address) ID. It took me a long time to discover I had not entered the new ID for FaceTime. So check everything in settings and be sure your ID is entered for iCloud, Messages, FaceTime and Game Center.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

hsfof3

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This is what has been happening to my wife's 4s and my daughters 4s. I have reset phones and even reset in DFU mode. But still the same problem. Very flustering hoping someone can help with this issue. I have tried the above methods but still same thing.

bajanimore

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
In beginning to think this due to the phone running out of memory after playing games. For example I usually get this after playing Clash of clans.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With Apple preparing its systems to support Yosemite, iOS 8, iCloud Drive, and improving overall security of its services, it is possible that the preparation is the cause of the problems and not necessarily your devices.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
With Apple preparing its systems to support Yosemite, iOS 8, iCloud Drive, and improving overall security of its services, it is possible that the preparation is the cause of the problems and not necessarily your devices.

Does this explain why I have to input my password every-time I go into iBooks, even with the app open on my 5s with 7.1.1?

bajanimore

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This was happening for a while. Also I must note I do not very good cellular speed connection HSPA+

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro