Day 1: Switch from BlackBerry to iOS for 30 days.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Ive been an iOS user since the start. My first iPhone was the 2G pictured below. Actually pictured below are the iDevices I tend to use the most because they are constantly available to me. I've had every iteration of the iPhone except for the 3G. I switched to BlackBerry around 2012-2013 because I needed the change to something more than iOS or Android, something I though would change the mobile landscape. It would have, if not BlackBerry had their heads up their blanks.

IMG_20140611_202424_hdr.jpg
Above are my iMac, iPod Nano, iPhone 2G, iPhone 4s. These are the devices I have not distributed across my family and work. My 3Gs' I sold to some guy in Russia and the Black one to someone in east coast. Two of my second gen iPod touches were stolen from me at work. One fell on my friends two and shattered, the other one I dont know but I woke up to a white screen and shattered glass. So a total of 4 2nd gen iPod touch. My third gen I gave to my brother once I got my 4th gens, he intern when he got his 4s gave it to our sister so intern decided to give it a bath. Now it sits in a drawer in my desk. My iPhone 4 I sold it to some kid because he wanted to learn to jailbreak. He had a second gen iPod he was practicing on. My 4s is with me. My iPhone 5 I traded for a 5S and gave it to my mother when she needed a phone.

So thats a brief history now time for the beans.

Setup. Seeing as i'm already used to it, i didn't expect it to be too hard. Some exchange emails I had to setup manual which is a minor inconvenience compared to my Z/Q10 and PlayBook, they automagically know how to setup the accounts.
Photo-6_12_14,-1.21.36-PM-5.PNG

WiFi, iCloud, carrier settings went well. I restored and used the last backup before I switched to BlackBerry so a few apps had to be updated. Over all nothing went too bad.
Photo-6_12_14,-1.21.36-PM-2.PNGPhoto-6_12_14,-1.21.36-PM-3.PNG

I switched BBM over this is my PIN if you want to chat PIN:7AA8B2A6
Photo-6_12_14,-1.21.36-PM-1.PNG

Whatsapp restored my messages from iCloud. That irked me because I wanted to restore my messages from my BlackBerry like I can do with Android.

Transferring my photos is a nightmare. With there being no file management system what so ever I would have to go through iPhoto or sync a folder. If I sync a folder I cant delete the folder off my computer nor delete a photo off of my phone. That is stupid. Unless Ive failed to realize there is a way to do this then after seven years Apple still get some things right. On the bright side everything from my RdMini did transfer through iCloud. Okay so how do I get a photo off of my phone to my desktop? I dont have iCloud sync on my iMac because everyone in my family uses it.
uu.jpg

The. Keyboard. Is. Tiny. Its near useless form my fingers of butter and fists of ham. With no tactile feedback like vibration or a click from a button it feels numb. Its also a bit jaring. With my Z10 I had by default clear destinations between each letter and each row, not so much with the mini-keyboard iOS has. Maybe that will be fixed with iPhone 6. Even if I did go to the 5S this would still suck the landscape keyboard would not be tall enough and the landscape one would not be wide enough.
Photo-6_12_14,-1.29.41-PM-1.PNG

So day one is turning out interesting.

Mods if you feel this belongs in another category please move it. I put it here because Im going to be using a 4S and basing my experiment on that unless I get my 5S back

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I moved it this to the iOS section. I left an expiring redirect from the other sub-forum for a day so more people will see it. Good luck with your venture.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I moved it this to the iOS section. I left an expiring redirect from the other sub-forum for a day so more people will see it. Good luck with your venture.

Thank you! Actually muscle memory has kicked in and I feel like my thumbs are almost at home with the keyboard.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree about keyboard. That is what happens with small screens. Hopefully third party keyboards will help this somewhat, but hopefully an actually larger iphone(not just stretched) will help give more room for keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro