iOS 8, beta 1 Messages/Predictive Text

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Let me start by saying, I LOVE the new Messages.app. Particularly like that photos and videos are much larger (almost no need for the Preview option) and that videos play in-line with the message (not taking you to an entirely different screen).

However, anyone feel that the keyboard feels clumsy?? I love predictive text, but I've noticed that when I text quickly, the predictive text bar slides down. Like all the time. It's kind of a pain to keep sliding it up (though not a big one).

Anyone else notice this?? Is there anyway to keep the predictive text bar "opened"?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have only experienced the problem you are describing a couple of times. If you hold down the happy face button and click on Predictive text. Which seems to fix it going away.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have only experienced the problem you are describing a couple of times. If you hold down the happy face button and click on Predictive text. Which seems to fix it going away.

Ah didn't notice this! Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Down here in Atlanta, I use apple maps all the time and I've never had issues. But I still keep google maps because it almost always has updated address listings and phone numbers

Oops, wrong thread

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal