Home Screen Apps

logvkp

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
FIRST QUESTION
Can you have no apps on your home screen? Like, can your first screen be completely clean like on Mac?

SECOND QUESTION
Can you put all of Apple's apps in folders or do some have to like outside a folder?

Thanks

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How? I've tried making a homescreen with no apps on it and it gets autodeleted. Jailbreak required?

Double ROT13 encrypted for your protection

You need at least 1 app on the screen otherwise it will delete the page. If you wanna do it like android you need to jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You need at least 1 app on the screen otherwise it will delete the page. If you wanna do it like android you need to jailbreak.

So, without jailbreak, there is no way to do what the OP wanted: Have a homescreen with no app or folder icons on it.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've also done this before. Plug your iPhone into your PC/Mac, go to the apps section, add a new page and make it the first page, then sync. It will stay if it's the first, but if it's any other page, it will go away.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So, without jailbreak, there is no way to do what the OP wanted: Have a homescreen with no app or folder icons on it.

Just move all apps to the second page.

Edit: I've done this on every iDevice I've had. I'm a bit OCD & I can't stand stuff on my home screen. No jailbreak required. NO PC/MAC required

Last edited:

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
How? I've tried making a homescreen with no apps on it and it gets autodeleted. Jailbreak required?

I interpreted the original question like you did:) inquiring if a home screen could be displayed without anything ... Just blank.
I have a jailbreak so no chuckling :) over my silly screenshot but I can have it blank. Could this be what the first of the two questions was referring to? I believe you are correct that this effect is not possible without having a jailbreak on your phone.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402440029.414379.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I interpreted the original question like you did:) inquiring if a home screen could be displayed without anything ... Just blank.
I have a jailbreak so no chuckling :) over my silly screenshot but I can have it blank. Could this be what the first of the two questions was referring to? I believe you are correct that this effect is not possible without having a jailbreak on your phone.
View attachment 58369

Hey Elizabeth!!!

I didn't think the OP was talking about a completely empty screen because they referenced the first screen on s Mac, which by default has a dock. But maybe their dock is hidden...who knows:rolleyes:

BTW...you screen saver makes me want some Lychee with almonds from pinkberry:p

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey Elizabeth!!!

I didn't think the OP was talking about a completely empty screen because they referenced the first screen on s Mac, which by default has a dock. But maybe their dock is hidden...who knows:rolleyes:

BTW...you screen saver makes me want some Lychee with almonds from pinkberry:p

Hi Nikki :)
Ohhh you've sooooo made me want a Pinkberry right now lol... pomegranate would be my choice :)

I did notice the Mac reference. I mentioned it on the chance it could be what the OP was looking to accomplish. So many time is seems that there is confusion as to what is an app or a folder or that cute little icon with the flower on it. They just get called apps. Without terminology clarification I went for the completely blank screen :)
Meet you at Pinkberry :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73