I am completely in love with "hey, siri"

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ever since i saw the moto x, i always loved the idea of being able to use a phone hands free. whether I'm trying to cook and i have my hands dirty or for some reason my hands are full. I have been playing around with hey siri, and i have to say that i am completely and utterly in love with it. was just cooking earlier and got a text message, didn't wanna have to wash my hands and stop my cooking so i simply said "hey siri" and started asking her to read me my message, i was also able to reply and send the message with ease :) ah the iPhone just makes me fall in love with it all over again. what are your first impressions of hey siri?

only thing that bugs me is that i can only use her when the phone is plugged in and charging.. other than that thumbs up to apple!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet because Siri & I hate each other. Maybe if I change her to a different voice, I'll try to build a friendship or at least an understanding LOL:rotfl:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had my iPad plugged in at home... and it must have heard something from the TV that sounded enough like "Hey Siri" that the iPad woke up, and Siri was looking for more input... :D

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that iPhone 6 will have a dedicated voice coprocessor like the MotoX so that it will work when not plugged in without eating up battery life.

I don't think so. They specifically described how this will work which is why I doubt it will work any differently for the iPhone 6. Whatever functionality the 6 will have that sets it apart will be unique to its announcement and not be extra features from software announced at WWDC. At least historically that is how they have worked.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife loves the touchless voice on her Moto X. What's really great is that it has to be programmed so it will only activate with her voice. I sit there and try to mimic her voice and so do my kids. No dice. Only activates when my wife says "ok google now". Very cool. This should be a function on every platform.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What devices will "hey Siri" work on? Apple has a history of only making new features available on new devices.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What devices will "hey Siri" work on? Apple has a history of only making new features available on new devices.

Any device that currently has Siri on iOS 7 will be able to use it

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sweet, thank you. On my Moto X "okay google now" doesn't work more than it works.

Well I should say I'm assuming that's what devices it should work on. But it has to be plugged in to a power source to work.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I should say I'm assuming that's what devices it should work on. But it has to be plugged in to a power source to work.

Really? It doesn't work if it's not charging?

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yea but a jailbreak tweak will fix once a jailbreak for iOS 8 comes out

I'm one of the ones that feels I shouldn't have to jail break to get the features out of a phone I need. If it doesn't do what I need then time to look at something else.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the ones that feels I shouldn't have to jail break to get the features out of a phone I need. If it doesn't do what I need then time to look at something else.

Yea, but there is a chance that the iPhone 6 might have an always on feature

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR