iOS 8 Beta Compatible Apps

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to running betas so maybe some of you experienced folks can answer this. In the past, how quickly have apps updated in the past during the beta phase? Do some changes from one beta to the next sometimes make it so that apps start working?

I installed beta 1 yesterday but had to revert back because of all the apps I have, the one app I have to have working does not (good for enterprise). I thought the beta was pretty stable for me with just minor little things that I noticed. I also can't wait for some 3rd parties to release keyboards.

Like others have said Apps cannot be updated to support iOS 8 yet this period is for developers to update and fix their app to run on iOS 8 but they cannot push out the update although with the new test flight feature i wonder if they could use that feature before the iOS 8 is officially released.

Sometimes as the betas progress we will see restored functionality of apps that were previously broken but there is never a guarantee. That is why they say if you are not a developer do not install the beta on your main device. Since a lot of the features for iOS 8 come in the form of new APIs we will not see the full benefit until the fall.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Working: Temple Run 2, YouTube, Frozen: FreeFall, Malificient: FreeFall, FlappyBird, IntelliCast, Fing

Not Working: Temple Run (original), Chrome, LastPAss

csierra72

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
100 Balls is not working properly. Balls are falling through the side after being dumped by the cups.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tunein Radio Pro works for me on my iPod Sign in also works (only tried email login though)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

DaveJukes

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Not Working
Songpop+ - launches then sticks on blank white screen, iPad and iPhone
Newsify - splash screen then quits, iPad and iPhone

Will edit as I go forward...
Dave

Shademi

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I saw that you guys have listed threema as an app that is working on iOS8 however whenever I type a message and hit send the textbox disappears and the keyboard covers the last few messages ( they go down like the keyboard isn't there ). this can be fixed by clicking edit on the upper right and then cancel ( which brings back the textbox and minimises the keyboard correctly )
Any ideas?

xBLEEDBLUEx

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Can you give more specific information on how to get whatsapp working? I am not sure what you mean when you say to clear the icloud data. What are the exact steps please?

Thanks so much

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
my experience with whatsapp:

i initially loaded the icloud backup of my chat history. one of my group chats wouldn't open/load. i deleted it and was re-invited and then it worked. however then another one didn't and deleting didn't solve it. so i deleted whatsapp and re-installed it. this time i did not load the icloud chat backup. all my chats work now however from time to time when i hit the send button in a chat it crashes and i gotta try it a couple times before it will work.

so i'd say whatsapp works with some crashing here and there.

update: the problem seems to be back specifically only with one of my whatsapp group chats. deleting/reinstalling and turning off icloud backup doesn't seem to fix it. i can see the chat and receive notifications but when i try to open this specific chat the app crashes everytime.

Last edited:

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use cloud saves with current games? my iphone 5s is still running 7.1.1 but my iPad air is running ios 8, my cloud saves for games like Bastion are not syncing anymore between devices. is it working for you guys? or if both devices are on ios 8 is that working?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Seekbeats is not working properly the app opens and runs but when you take a snap it is not there and there are no other sounds it gives an error that audiobus is not working.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Can you give more specific information on how to get whatsapp working? I am not sure what you mean when you say to clear the icloud data. What are the exact steps please?

Thanks so much

I replied to your message with some guidance, let me know if it works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73