I'm exited about iOS 8. Wish they added more tweaks into the lock screen and home screen though.
    06-03-2014 07:06 AM
    Care to elaborate?
    What were you expecting?
    06-03-2014 07:18 AM
    Looks pretty good and when it's finished it should be very good
    06-03-2014 08:37 AM
    The presentation was spot on and iOS 8 is better than expected
    06-03-2014 08:41 AM
    Thus far, beta 1 is quite stable on my iPhone 5. Almost all of my apps work and I've yet to experience a random reboot. The predictive keyboard is awesome and words that the auto-correct would screw up is no longer screwing up......The quick iMessage reply works well I'm quite pleased thus far.
    06-03-2014 06:41 PM
    Thus far, beta 1 is quite stable on my iPhone 5. Almost all of my apps work and I've yet to experience a random reboot. The predictive keyboard is awesome and words that the auto-correct would screw up is no longer screwing up......The quick iMessage reply works well I'm quite pleased thus far.
    JMD,
    Any improvements / changes to Reminders?
    TIA
    06-03-2014 06:50 PM
    Unfortunately no. It still looks and acts the same.
    06-03-2014 06:52 PM
    JMD,
    Any improvements / changes to Reminders?
    TIA
    I haven't played with reminders much but it looks much the same.
    06-03-2014 06:52 PM
    Tks JMD and Karen,
    Unfortunately that's disappointing.
    Good Luck
    06-03-2014 07:12 PM
    Its great, so much so that I am probably coming back to iOS this fall.

Sent from my Moto X...
    06-03-2014 07:30 PM
    Don't know. Don't have it yet and when it is released for public install, ask me again when I have used it about a week and learn it
    ladyc0524 and taz323 like this.
    06-03-2014 07:39 PM
    It looks pretty good and when it's fleshed out it should be a great upgrade
    06-03-2014 07:48 PM
    Care to elaborate?
    What were you expecting?
    Well I was expecting som kind of swipe features on the lock screen and like widgets on the home screen. I'm overall happy with ios8. But they could have done more you know. Nevertheless I am a die hard apple fan and wouldn't give up my mac book and my iphone for anything peace.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    06-04-2014 05:44 AM
    The integration with Yosemite looks interesting. Never really sure what new features become used a lot until I use the updates for a while. But they look promising.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-05-2014 03:33 PM
    Well I was expecting som kind of swipe features on the lock screen and like widgets on the home screen. I'm overall happy with ios8. But they could have done more you know. Nevertheless I am a die hard apple fan and wouldn't give up my mac book and my iphone for anything peace.
    You mean like continuity?
    Since you have to swipe down for notification center, and it's transparent, widgets are technically available on every home screen.

Cheers
    06-05-2014 06:04 PM
    Does safari still keep on reloading tabs when there are more than 2 tabs open in the background? Ios 7 use to reload safari all the time to free ram, I'm hoping that this annoying issue is resolve in ios 8. Can anyone on beta try it let us know how safari handle tabs now? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-05-2014 06:48 PM
    There's a few things I'd add and remove but it's cool.
    06-05-2014 10:12 PM
    here's a question; does the predictive keyboard function entirely separate from autocorrect? So I could switch off autocorrect (because that's a massive pain if you converse in two languages) and would still have the merits of predictive typing?
    06-05-2014 11:02 PM
    here's a question; does the predictive keyboard function entirely separate from autocorrect? So I could switch off autocorrect (because that's a massive pain if you converse in two languages) and would still have the merits of predictive typing?
    Apparently not. I just turned off auto correct and my predictive keyboard is no longer.
    melbsteve likes this.
    06-05-2014 11:09 PM
    Do not have the 'zoom' feature activated.....or you are in for a nightmare. Still cant delete emails...it crashes everytime.
    Have it on my iPad3, iPhone5, and Xcode6 on my iMac.
    Let the developing begin....Im particularly interested in this 'Health Kit' they have. Could be a life saving feature.
    06-06-2014 01:48 PM
    It's quite laggy and battery life is horrible, but that's expected out of a first beta.
    The QuickType is a little annoying at times but pretty good.
    Overall the OS at this point needs a lot of work but it's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    Owner and Founder of Zamkato.com
    BBM Channel - C002BF8A7
    06-07-2014 05:19 PM
    Handoff is the killer feature for me. I own a chromebook and Android phone and I'd kill for that kind of integration. The best I can do now is sync data via Google services and use third party apps to push info to my laptop.

It pushed me into getting an iPad and depending on how it goes, it might get me to finally switch to iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    06-07-2014 07:49 PM
    Use the global keyboard feature... That's what it is meant to be used for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-07-2014 07:56 PM
    Apparently not. I just turned off auto correct and my predictive keyboard is no longer.
    right, thanks a lot. Sucks, but I suppose it makes sense.

@the_tech_eater: I probably would, but my first iPhone had the English keyboard and I've always been a huge creature of habit.. I turned it on once (to have autocorrect in both languages available) a few months ago and was shocked how much it blows.
    What do you think of iOS 8?-germankey.png
    I mean, look at it! The , and ! I seriously could not type with that keyboard. I rather not have the benefits of autocorrect/predictive typing than THAT keyboard (plus I would have to constantly switch between 3 keyboards (emoji).. that's just inconvenient to me.
    06-09-2014 01:55 AM
    iOS 8 is cool.
    I noticed they did take a few features from android like the prediction text etc. but it's a cool update, not as big as iOS 6- 7.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    using Tapatalk
    06-09-2014 02:00 AM
50 12