Still holding on to iOS 6 and below?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are still people who are using iOS versions prior to iOS 7, whether for jailbreak purposes, because they dislike the look of iOS 7 or because they are content with the version they have. For the record, I don't have a problem with that. Having said that, how will your reason for maintaining a pre-iOS 7 version affect your decision to purchase an upcoming iPhone model which will arguably be similar to iOS 7, but possibly better?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't see it as a JB issue because they had the opinion with iOS 7

I have an old Co-worker that refused to upgrade to iOS 7 due to post release brainwashing and still has an i4 running 6.1.2 so I know he will not buy a new iPhone

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I honestly prefer the old UI and looks of iOS 6. But it wasn't going to prevent me from upgrading to the OS that is actively supported now. I find people who are actually able to upgrade but don't just take it too damn seriously.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't see it as a JB issue because they had the opinion with iOS 7

I have an old Co-worker that refused to upgrade to iOS 7 due to post release brainwashing and still has an i4 running 6.1.2 so I know he will not buy a new iPhone

well to be fair an i4 on 7.X is pushing the limits. Mine could bearly do it before I downgraded to iOS 6

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on IOS 6 and because of the jailbreak. I missed the chance to upgrade to IOS 7 while it could still be jailbroken. Jailbreaking allows me to do certain features that are must haves for me, so I see no point in upgrading. And I see that IOS 8 doesn't add those features either.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm still on IOS 6 and because of the jailbreak. I missed the chance to upgrade to IOS 7 while it could still be jailbroken. Jailbreaking allows me to do certain features that are must haves for me, so I see no point in upgrading. And I see that IOS 8 doesn't add those features either.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just curious what jailbreak tweaks you have that still aren't available?

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought an ios 6 phone primarily because I liked the and I like the music player. It?s the primary app I use.

I had a beta of ios 7 for a month and I hated it. I hated the whiteness. It hurt my eyes and gave me headaches. I hated the music player in that adding art to lists sacrificed usability for eyecandy I didn?t need. In fact the only thing I liked was the Bluetooth toggles. Bottom line the changes made to ios 7 aren?t important to me and they altered the main reason I bought an iphone, the look and the music player.

So ?who will it affect my future buying decisions?? Well I haven?t made a final decision yet. But for the past year I?ve been considering switching to Android. I keep abreast of the new options coming out and i've borrowed friends phones. I?ve very much concluded that I could switch to android and i'd survive and there is the benefit of having many more choices at cheaper prices.

I?m not jailbroken either so that?s not why I?m on ios. I just like the look. I prefer the dark look. It has nothing to do with ?taking it too seriously.? I don?t think about my operating system. I don?t care what os brand people use. I?m not an apple lover or hater. It?s a tool for a job. I simply tried ios 7 and preferred ios 6 and didn?t upgrade. I didn?t upgrade to Windows 8 either. I think the people that take it too seriously are the people that get bent out of shape because you don?t like the OS that they like. I don?t think about it. I don?t need the latest phone. The new features don?t excite me. In 15 years I?ve only had 5 phones.

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Just curious what jailbreak tweaks you have that still aren't available?

Where do I begin??

-Zypher (a real multitasking system)
-Attachments+ (attaches any file to an email, not just pics and videos)
-Full Force or RetnaPad (makes iPhone apps full screen size on the iPad)
-iFile ('nuff said!)
-WeeKillBackground (kills all the open apps)
-BT Mouse and Trackpad (allows a Bluetooth mouse to be used)

While theming is great and I occasionally do it and real widgets would be nice, these tweaks I listed are what I deem essential to help with the overall experience and productivity.

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not on any kind of jailbreak but still happily (for the most part) using iOS 6.1.3

Have tried and do not like iOS since Jony Ive took over.

16gb iPhone 4S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro