Apple Releases 7.1.1 - Has It Made Your iPhone Better Or The Same?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I mean, I'm not having any problems with it, but I didn't have problems with the previous version either....:)...Having said that, the latest update is a positive, in my opinion.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I mean, I'm not having any problems with it, but I didn't have problems with the previous version either....:)...Having said that, the latest update is a positive, in my opinion.

Agreed. I don't notice any negatives or positives on my 5. It works, so that's all I am concerned about!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same as prince. They said the keyboard fix was for a potential problem that may have occurred if not for the fix. I've had my 5 since August, and have had only one issue. When on wifi, I would get pop ups telling me the app I was in was turned off for cellular. That baffled me for a while. I just turned everything on for cellular. But I think 7.1 fixed it. It doesn't do that now.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Last edited:

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
About the same. Might be slight improvement in battery, but I had restored as new over the weekend, so I didn't have a lot to compare when 7.1.1 came out.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't really make out a difference, it seems good though, that said I never had issues with 7.1 either. I generally get less worked up over battery life. My 5 always brings me through my day and I would say I use it quite a lot.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It's working well for me. Battery life as far as I can tell didn't change, apps don't crash, touch ID is better.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 here, so some of the changes may not be apparent, though I understand this patch (sorry, Apple - 'upgrade') may have resolved some issues for others. That said, no noted difference in operation here.

Can't help they're just moving the deckchairs until iOS 8 and (hopefully) iPhone 6 are out, though.