Restore with iLEX RAT?

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Now that iOS 7.1 is out, is it possible to restore an already jailbroken phone to 6.0... with iLEX RAT so you can re-jailbreak?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't that program just restore your device onto it's current OS?

I believe it's main focus is removing Cydia tweaks. It can end up restoring the whole device but leaving the jailbreak state.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I made a mistake in my first post. I'm not trying to downgrade, I just don't want to upgrade. I'm on 7.0.4 at the moment and would like to restore my phone to factory settings and then re-jailbreak.

Doing it with iTunes will put me on 7.1 which is something I obviously don't want to do.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I made a mistake in my first post. I'm not trying to downgrade, I just don't want to upgrade. I'm on 7.0.4 at the moment and would like to restore my phone to factory settings and then re-jailbreak.

Doing it with iTunes will put me on 7.1 which is something I obviously don't want to do.

It'll restore with the jailbreak in place but if any system files are corrupted it won't fix that like a normal restore would be able to do

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Cool. All I want is for it to clear all the tweaks and related data as my phone is doing strange things with all the tweaks that have been installed/deleted.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Perfect. :D

Why aren't more people not using it I wonder?

Cause some people (like me) found a good setup and restored their device to iOS 7.0.6 before it stopped being signed and re-setup their device and have not installed anything since to avoid problems.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Cause some people (like me) found a good setup and restored their device to iOS 7.0.6 before it stopped being signed and re-setup their device and have not installed anything since to avoid problems.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

It's the first time I've ever jailbroken my phone, so that all makes sense now. So you learn...

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I used this app to remove all my installed Cydia mods but keep Cydia because the mail apps and Safari were crashing upon opening. Searching Google told me it's due to a jailbreak mod or something. I the reinstalled each mod one by one and haven't had the problem since. Not sure which one was causing the problem but it hasn't come back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods