How often do you reset your i-Device?

kdude12345

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If you read my first two posts in this thread you would realize that i don't restore on a regular bases I gave the mentioned advice because it's not normal to get freezes on a daily bases even if you push your iPhone as hard as you mentioned. Your blaming it on code but I still feel it's a corrupt OS. But you know your device better than I do so I will leave it at that

I hear what you are saying. However, if you goto your diagnostic file and view what is being sent to Apple from your iPhone, you'll see that even when the iPhone seems to be behaving & working properly, there are tons of crashes, memory leaks, app freezes, and memory 'panick' messages on a daily basis. Sometime the software watchdogs catch it & recover quickly, and the user is not aware that something went wrong. They experienced a short delay or lag, other times the app just quicks. This happens on fresh installs & fresh restores the same day the installs were loaded. Other times the problem is more severe & the hardware watchdog kicks in and the devices does a hard reboot on its own. All of this is because there are known documented bugs within iOS & the apps. So this has nothing to do with OS corruption. There are simply known bugs that cause problems in different areas. You can get a brand new iPhone with a fresh install, and it will still have problems, crashes, app freezes, and the like. Again, it's because of known documented bugs in iOS, Safari, Facebook, Twiiter, eBay, PayPal, and ton of other apps. They are simply known bugs. Not OS corruption. It is in the code! Regardless of device, whether new or old, regardless of clean install or not, these bugs will stil happen. They are known. Just got to Apple's support site. Spend a little time there to see how many bugs are known, documented, and unresolved. There are 100s, 1000s of them. So when people recommend restoring the device, or say that it's OS corruption, they are simply uninformed, as many of these bugs are active and known. They will occur regardless of the condition of the OS or particular install. This is just a known fact. Check your diagnostic files on a daily basis & you'll get an idea of how many bugs & crashes that are happening constantly. I'll leave it at that.

kdude12345

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
What you need to do is restore you devices as new with a fresh install set them up like new. There's no reason you need to keep resting your device your probably carrying over a corrupt OS by OTA updates

I've already done that several times. I've been on the iPhone since the beginning with original iPhone, the to 3G, 3GS, 4, & 4S, plus a couple of iPads & IPhones for the family. I also use the iPhone for security business, in my musician network, social networking, music promotions, as well as my personal life. So I'm a heavy user and use the platform's features throughout top to bottom. So I've been there & back again on all this stuff many times. Fresh restore to new only buys a little time before the known, documented, and unresolved bugs in iOS, built in Apple apps, & 3rd party apps resurface again. Restores don't fix bugs in the code. So all due respect, but restoring to new, loading a fresh OS, do not solve the problems. There are just too many known, documented, and unresolved bugs. They are piling up & Apple is falling behind. Some of these ongoing bugs are several years old & are still unresolved.

kdude12345

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
In addition:
Today I saw somebody recommending a restore to a silly issue and I replied with: "That's like recommending to amputate an arm because you broke your nail". This pretty much covers what I think about restores.

You hit it on the head. That's the exact sort of scenario I am referring to. I'm on several tech, IT, & Apple forums, including Apple support sites & forums. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the exact same type of thing. Many coming from Apple 'geniuses'. It's insane... And I can tell by the suggester's response, that they haven't even looked at the issue or investigated it at all, yet are telling folks to restore their device. Simply silly & wasting everyone's time. Glad you saw on of these cases happen. Thanks for posting about what you encountered.

kdude12345

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Can only support this statement.

I never migrated my iPad2 above iOS6 and it is running pefect all the time. No need to reboot.

My wife has an iPad Mini and I did not recommend her to migrate to iOS7 (so she is on iOS6) and it works fine. Never reboots.

I have my iPad Air with iOS7 and it freezes regularly, need rebooting for getting slow at least once a week.

Btw I also found the dock in iOS much more elegant, but that is a different story that would also apply to other graphical elements.

Thanks for posting this. Very close to what I also experienced going to iOS7.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Or insight to this thread. And yes, there are a ton of known documented problems & bugs with the iPhone. There are a ton of tech sites like this one that discuss & document, as well as try to resolve these issues thru community effort & sharing insights. All you have to do is goto the Apple support site and you can see for yourself how many unresolved bugs there are & how many 1000s of iPhone users that are having problems & are getting frustrated with Apple. So good for you that you've drank the Apple tea, however there is a ton a people, including me, who are in reality and are dealing with these issues. So hopefully in the future you'll having something of value to say, or something that's means something.

So I see you rather give a detailed diagnostic to an issue that someone is having with there device.

Here's some I've come across would you like to give your advice

1. My keyboard doesn't pop up when I tap in a text field please help?

2. My sounds in my notifications keep popping in and out?

3. I keep getting dropped calls even thou I'm showing full bars?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember except for deleting and reinstalling an app so I wanted to clear the cache that's all. No need to otherwise.

Devin Mariah

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I do regularly clear many redundant junk files left behind by daily using but keep my setting. It's convenient and safe by using some cleaning tool called Macgo iPhone Cleaner. It's on a giveaway right now you find through internet.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I erase and restore every time a major version of iOS comes out, i.e. iOS 7 to iOS 8. This frees up a lot of the "other" storage and keeps older versions of iOS from building up and caching.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2