Help! Contacts are messed up after changing gmail password

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
This HeartBleed Bug prompted us to rightly change some passwords. Because my wife syncs her iPhone 4 contacts to her gmail account, all of her contacts are now messed up. At first they went away completely but they are back now, but the only thing there are phone numbers with no other information. She is using iOS 7.1
Any ideas of how to fix this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This HeartBleed Bug prompted us to rightly change some passwords. Because my wife syncs her iPhone 4 contacts to her gmail account, all of her contacts are now messed up. At first they went away completely but they are back now, but the only thing there are phone numbers with no other information. She is using iOS 7.1
Any ideas of how to fix this?

I don't see how changing the password interfered with the contacts' data. Try deleting gmail from the device and then re-configuring it. It should re-sync to the device. Make sure the contacts are intact online by log gin into Gmail via a computer and verifying FIRST.

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Turns out we still had an old exchange account set up to sync the gmail contacts. She didn't have the new password entered there, so I just deleted the exchange account and turned on the contacts option on her phone. It works fine now. Thanks.