How organized is your iOS homescreen?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My home screen is empty, and all my apps are organized by folders in Oder of importance/how often I use them on subsequent screens. I even have a folder for "useless crap".

You mean the  Apple folder
Haha I really had a folder with apple's useless apps and later renamed it "️" for apps I don't launch myself, some of them get launched via widgets etc., but I don't launch them myself.

Here's my setup, I only use one page and everything is organized well and perfectly for me.
I used to have another folder for jailbreak stuff, but the current jailbreak frustrates me and has more drawbacks than benefits that's why I'm stock again and still waiting for a stable version.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414220746.083750.jpg

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My setup is a little different now then when I first post but relatively the same.

On my first home screen I have the apps that I use every single day at least once. However I never have folders on my first screen and I always have at least one empty row between my bottom row and the sock. My dock are three most used apps (safari, YouTube, overcast) and my phone (simply because of muscle memory. The second page is just random folders of apps that I use fairly regularly but not always every day. The third home screen are apps that I rarely use but don't want to delete in case I do need then.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am super organized. So much so that I set up all my devices the same so my muscle memory knows where to go no matter what device I am using.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I am super organized. So much so that I set up all my devices the same so my muscle memory knows where to go no matter what device I am using.

My 4S & iPod Touch 5th Generation have the same layout apart from only having the FaceTime icon on my iPod Touch instead of the Phone Folder on my 4S, since the iPod doesn't have a dedicated phone app even though I can receive phone calls on my iPod through the Phone Call Handoff in iOS 8.

Roland

rajatgaur

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to app organisation, be it on an Android or iOS, I have a kind of a peculiar way of doing that. I prefer to organize apps in folders but on the default homescreen (which is the very first homescreen in the case of iOS), I don't have any folders. On the first homescreen I have apps that I use very frequently like Feedly, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. On most of other homescreens, apps are usually well organised into folders. For categorizing apps into folders I do not use folder names like Google, Microsoft,, etc, but I use names like Music, Games, Utilities, etc. Since, unlike as in Windows, on iOS you can not have one app twice on any of the homescreens, my most commonly used apps, as I mentioned above, are usually on the default (first) homescreen and outside of any folder.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh my goodness.. My inner OCD just raged at some of your homescreens. I absolutely cannot stand icons outside of folders unless I use them VERY regularly.
As a matter of fact, each of my folders have about 2-3 pages of apps.
iMoreAppImg_20141127_224832.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Screen 1 is the same as it is out of the box

48ddd5b1362070ec425336d8ab9d36e8.jpg

Screen 2 is my downloaded apps, alphabetized and the social apps in a folder also alphabetized

d2d9b4b890c359dc28f26f553c42ca34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just organize them in an order that is logical to me. I try to pair things that make sense together and put them side by side, like Camera and Photos, iTunes and App Store, Mail and Contacts, etc.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1420258440.624582.jpg

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1420258450.741688.jpg

rbayford

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
My home screen has to be organised. I can't cope with unorganised home screens. My home screen has all the apps I use daily, everything else has to be in a folder!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421094082.887150.jpg

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421094164.922558.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro