How to Jailbreak new iPad (4th Gen) and restore Backup from old jailbroken iPad (1st Gen.) to it?

easi

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

just found your forum and hope to get some advice. I just got my new iPad (like title says, 4 Gen)
I already got the first iPad for years now. A buddy of mine did the jailbreak back then.
Now my new iPad comes with 6.0.1 iOS and without jailbreak.

I did make a backup in iTunes with the old iPad for now, but I don't know how to continue. But I didnt go further.

Should I install any (official) updates from Apple (upgrade to a higher iOS Version) first? If its only a question of likeability: I do prefer the iOS 6 look and avoid updating my iPhone to iOS7.
And how do I get my cydia apps and sources (including apps) on the new iPad?
Should I restore / install the new iPad with the backup I made of my old one? I suppose that only affects things like Mail-Accounts etc.
Which jailbreak program should I use?

So please, help me. Where to start?! What step should I do first...

best regards

And since I m new to this forum, I d like to say hello and thanks to everyone here.... and excuse my English, I m not a native speaker.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I jailbreak my iPad (4th Generation)?

[NOTE]Moved to the jailbreak section[/NOTE]

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

If you update to 7.1 you will not be able to jailbreak as a jailbreak doesn't exist for that revision of the OS yet.

You can find a jailbreak from Evasi0n, who are the guys I use to jailbreak my iPhone and iPad and are widely regarded as being great guys, at EVASI0N DOWNLOAD JAILBREAK IOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0 | Evad3rs

You will need:

5 minutes of your time!
A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)
iTunes installed if you're running Windows
An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
A USB cable to connect the device to the computer

As ever, follow the instructions carefully and do this only after you are sure you want to accept the risks involved. Do not skip any steps or try to cut any corners. Although it's an easy process, you must be comfortable with what you are doing first.

easi

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

If you update to 7.1 you will not be able to jailbreak as a jailbreak doesn't exist for that revision of the OS yet.

You can find a jailbreak from Evasi0n, who are the guys I use to jailbreak my iPhone and iPad and are widely regarded as being great guys, at EVASI0N DOWNLOAD JAILBREAK IOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0 | Evad3rs

You will need:

5 minutes of your time!
A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)
iTunes installed if you're running Windows
An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
A USB cable to connect the device to the computer

As ever, follow the instructions carefully and do this only after you are sure you want to accept the risks involved. Do not skip any steps or try to cut any corners. Although it's an easy process, you must be comfortable with what you are doing first.

Thanks for your reply... :)

...but unfortunately the question that remains: How do I get my cydia apps and sources to my new iPad? They aren't included in the iTunes backup afaik.
And: Should I install the new iPad (4 Gen) with the backup of my old iPad (1 Gen), before the jailbreak or after?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your reply... :)

...but unfortunately the question that remains: How do I get my cydia apps and sources to my new iPad? They aren't included in the iTunes backup afaik.
And: Should I install the new iPad (4 Gen) with the backup of my old iPad (1 Gen), before the jailbreak or after?

Restore from a backup Before and be sure to click on restore from backup, not restore. You can't get them all back unless you saved them using a Cydia application.

easi

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Restore from a backup Before and be sure to click on restore from backup, not restore. You can't get them all back unless you saved them using a Cydia application.

Thanks so far. I didnt do any savings using cydia or any cydia applications.
Just to be clear: If I restore my new iPad from the old backup, it will not be automaticly updated to newest iOS (7.1) without asking? I m just worried because on my old iPad (1) it runs 5.0.1.
So if I do the restore from backup of it, my new iPad (4) will keep the 6.0.1?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No installous talk here.

If you restore from your backup, you will be restoring settings, accounts, apps etc, not firmware.

So restore new device from backup, jailbreak with evasion. Put your tweaks back on

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro