Keep iphone 5s or get a note 3?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I meant freedom to choose which device you use without sacrificing the serve integration you enjoy or being forced to switch for a comparable experience.

When you go from iPhone to anything else their PIM services instantly become pretty bad, iMessage becomes useless, and other devices lose a lot of value.

This is less of an issue using Google or Microsoft services and devices.

I'm speaking of freedom in the technical sense, not the political or ideological sense.

You're not going to use iTunes Store or Radio on an Android or Windows Phone, but Google Play and Xbox work just fine on an iPhone.

The reason why I personally have great platform mobility is because I've made it a point to avoid platform locked services. This allows me to disregard these alleged [faux] advantages of a platform which are really nothing more than lock in mechanisms that duplicate cross platform functionality available elsewhere from reliable developers/companies.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

If you don't use iMessage, you are really missing out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you don't use iMessage, you are really missing out!

Half the people I know use Android devices. Thanks but no thanks. I prefer consistency and iMessage doesn't give me that.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Half the people I know use Android devices. Thanks but no thanks. I prefer consistency and iMessage doesn't give me that.

It's very consistent! I have it on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I don't know how it could be more consistent...

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's very consistent! I have it on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I don't know how it could be more consistent...

It's not consistent if I have to switch communications methods based on where I am, when I can use another messaging app/protocol that works the same for everyone, everywhere.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not consistent if I have to switch communications methods based on where I am, when I can use another messaging app/protocol that works the same for everyone, everywhere.

iMessage works anywhere in the world as far as I know.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Considerations to your uper post, since Microsoft, Google play, xbox etc... work all fine on app, and iTunes or icloud or iMessages etc... do not work on Samsung or any other devices excepting apple devices, I would go for apple device, because not only I will have access to apple ecosystem, but I will also have access to every other platform softwares which will make me have everything in one place, you opting for android ecosystem make you have access to other open system but apple, so you are actually missing something in your phone, the apple ecosystem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iMessage works anywhere in the world as far as I know.

To android users, Windows Phone, Blackberry? On Windows?

Again, it doesn't work for me. I don't want to have messages fail for some people die to bad reception and go through flawlessly for others via WiFi, forcing me to have different convos in different apps. I want consistency and platform mobility. Did you just ignore everything I wrote in my post up thread.

iMessage is worthless to non apple devices and on non apple platforms. It doest work everywhere in the world. It wouldn't even work on my desk. I don't want a mac.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Considerations to your uper post, since Microsoft, Google play, xbox etc... work all fine on app, and iTunes or icloud or iMessages etc... do not work on Samsung or any other devices excepting apple devices, I would go for apple device, because not only I will have access to apple ecosystem, but I will also have access to every other platform softwares which will make me have everything in one place, you opting for android ecosystem make you have access to other open system but apple, so you are actually missing something in your phone, the apple ecosystem.

THANK YOU!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
To android users, Windows Phone, Blackberry? On Windows?

Again, it doesn't work for me. I don't want to have messages fail for some people die to bad reception and go through flawlessly for others via WiFi, forcing me to have different convos in different apps. I want consistency and platform mobility. Did you just ignore everything I wrote in my post up thread.

iMessage is worthless to non apple devices and on non apple platforms. It doest work everywhere in the world. It wouldn't even work on my desk. I don't want a mac.

The loss is yours! We won't suffer from you using the two worst OS's in the world- android and windows! It's interesting that you're on an apple forum, yet hate for apple is seething out of every post you make! I think you meant to press h instead of n when you made your username--h8er#AC.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

No. The Apple ecosystem means that the iPhone would be my only choice moving forward. If it's not useful to me, it isn't a reason to Consider a purchase.

Nice try on spinning that though.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The lose is yours! We won't suffer from you using the two worst OS's in the world- android and windows! It's interesting that you're on an apple forum, yet hate for apple is seething out of every post you make!

It's "loss."

And why are you resorting to trolling in response to that post?

I had a 5S, iTouches, I have iPods.

What do they say about assumptions?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It's "loss."

And why are you resorting to trolling in response to that post?

I had a 5S, iTouches, I have iPods.

What do they say about assumptions?

I'm not trolling, if I know anything. Let's end this right now before we go off-topic more than we are. Peace!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
- The S5 has nothing to do with this discussion.

- It is.

- And who cares about Apples ecosystem. This wasn't about that. Apple devices will never be integrated into Google or Microsoft devices and ecosystems. What is your point there. Native platforms are always advantaged when we're talking about their native services.

This is why I just ruled that out when I asked the question. To avoid a useless discussion. Why do you keep going back to it? You got nothing else? Also notice you left a lot out that I stated

Android is more flexible and has just as good integration with its native services as Apple devices with theirs. Only difference is Google and Microsoft are a bit more open with their services and hardware than Apple, so they don't dictate your device choices for using their services or other devices. That's called freedom (the kind worth talking about).

The only android device with a fingerprint reader, yeah your right why bring it up?

Again is not the same.

We do. That's why we bought iPhones.
If you want to ignore it to further argument go ahead.

I left out what you said because frankly why would I put myself through all that? It's easier and cheaper to buy an iPhone and have apple worry about the integration and back end.

Freedom?
iOS users are plugged into everyone's ecosystem including apple. That's freedom. Android users can't, that I call restrictive.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The only android device with a fingerprint reader, yeah your right why bring it up?

HTC One Maxx and Atrix werr first. There others on other platforms.

That's all I have to say.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
HTC One Maxx and Atrix werr first. There others on other platforms.

That's all I have to say.

Again you seem very interested in who did it first, I amore interested in who does it best.

Both of the devices you mention are sadly no longer available. Any current ones. Or living in the past because apple started this whole thing phablet thing with the 6 inch message pad, back in the 90's

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Again you seem very interested in who did it first, I amore interested in who does it best.

Both of the devices you mention are sadly no longer available. Any current ones. Or living in the past because apple started this whole thing phablet thing with the 6 inch message pad, back in the 90's

The One Maxx is still available.

Best is subjective. I'm focused on what features are available where, which was the point of my initial posts in this discussion. Only you changed it to something wildly subjective after I made those initial reply.

I'm not interested in repeating myself.

Android does a lot of things better but I'm not interested in a war of opinions.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The One Maxx is still available.

Best is subjective. I'm focused on what features are available where, which was the point of my initial posts in this discussion. Only you changed it to something wildly subjective after I made those initial reply.

I'm not interested in repeating myself.

Android does a lot of things better but I'm not interested in a war of opinions.

We always hear you android fans say that, but you never explain what it does better. And you don't because you can't. It doesn't do anything better. It allows more modding and customization, but that isn't "doing anything better". iOS has way more premium content available, and that allows iOS users to do lots of things better. We have better productivity apps, better social apps, better games, better services, and a better App Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods