When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

When a new IOS is released do you worry about installing it or just do it and hope that everything works out ok?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

When a new IOS is released do you worry about installing it or just do it and hope that everything works out ok?

Immediate install!!!!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

I have run all updates after release and have been one of the lucky ones to have never had an issue.

Last edited:

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I never worry about installing an update. Always install ASAP. OTA to boot. Never had an issue.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I never worry about installing an update. Always install ASAP. OTA to boot. Never had an issue.

I agree

Apple is not gonna release an update if it's corrupted and it's designed to be done OTA as long as your current version is running right the update will install smoothly this is nothing new palm's webOS updated OTA years ahead of the game

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Always install ASAP

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Terry Looker

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

it has screwed my hardware on my iphone5

Terry Looker

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

downloaded the new update and its ****ed my phone

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Big updates like 7.1 usually screw something up and I have to restore once or twice in the first few days til it's right. I've never had to restore from new though. This update screwed up my 5ghz wifi so that's why I had to restore this time.

Small updates have never messed me up though.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything w

I always install soon as I have time. Never had a problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything w

downloaded the new update and its ****ed my phone

Put your device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and try again. Of course, backup your device first.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Lately I've been updating OTA as soon as the newest version is released, but then within a day or two, I will wipe the device and do a clean install and then set it up as a new device.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I momentarily worry about installing it and do so anyway.

:rolleyes:

More concerned with the download arriving in one piece (via my computer or OTA) than the product itself, but Apple is far from immune from releasing 'updates' that bork user's devices, as is the case occasionally with any software developer.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I update OTA within a day of the release. I've never had a problem.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I update without a thought of it not installing properly. I've had issues in the past, like iOS 3 or iOS 4, but since that time everything has installed flawlessly. OTA has been the best. And update all my devices the same day. I like for my iPhone and iPad to mirror each other. If one isn't handy, the other has the same set up and apps to perform the task.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2