Do You Prefer An iTunes Backup Or An iCloud Backup?

jwbrkr

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I will never back anything up to the cloud. I'm totally against it. Yes it's easy access for you from anywhere but it also is for anyone else.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
iCloud done automatically and iTunes done whenever I remember to. Prefer iTunes though, but I don't have the time to be honest, so iCloud is good enough.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
For these reasons, soooooo many people don't use iTunes or iCloud backups, because they are nearly useless. Most folks use 3rd party software to backup the Apple devices

Judging by the amount of responses here already I would disagree with you. Seems like the majority here use iCloud

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I honestly never restore from a backup though my backup of choice is iCloud! I just make sure to keep my apps in iTunes to easily drag and drop them when setting up as a new device!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
iCloud easy automatic‼️ but sometimes if I need to have phone looked at for an issue (1 time) or with new phone I tend to use iTunes.

Do use back up if cleaning up and deleting music😜👍

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the iCloud backup, but it never runs automatically because of how I use my phone. I charge it at night on my nightstand, but I run a clock app (RedClock) as a nightstand clock, so it’s never plugged in and in "sleep" mode.

I just run the iCloud back up (Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now) at night when I plug it in. When the backup is done, I launch the clock app.

Not automatic, but it works for me!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still do both, but I rarely restore from any of my backups. They're more of a just in case kinda thing. However, the few times I have restored from one of my backups, it's definitely via iTunes.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I use iCloud for convenience of it performing every night. In a perfect world I would use encrypted iTunes backups exclusively since that particular backup saves all passwords, settings, etc. and you never have to setup anything after a restore. Very nice in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR