When you upgrade you upgrade you iPhone's or iPad's OS or even MAC for that matter do you do a restore after a backup and then clean install?
    Can you explain in just a few lines how and why you upgrade your device?
    03-19-2014 05:12 PM
    Excluding the Macbook, I always do a clean install of an iOS upgrade. Although I may initially accept the upgrade OTA, within a day or two, I put the device in DFU mode and then restore and set it up as new via iTunes. Why? I don't want leftover junk from the previous iOS installation. Besides, I truly believe that it has kept me from experiencing many of the problems I read about daily throughout the forums that others are having.
    03-19-2014 05:44 PM
    Excluding the Macbook, I always do a clean install of an iOS upgrade. Although I may initially accept the upgrade OTA, within a day or two, I put the device in DFU mode and then restore and set it up as new via iTunes. Why? I don't want leftover junk from the previous iOS installation. Besides, I truly believe that it has kept me from experiencing many of the problems I read about daily throughout the forums that others are having.
    Same here.
    03-19-2014 06:03 PM
    I have to agree after our conversation the other day doing my first Restore / Clean install took a lot of the "Other" away and I gained to 2 GB of space and now a fast and snappier 7.1 5S. I would write a guide on it but someone already did a lone time ago (Laughing)

PS Why do you put it into DFU mode. I did mine w/o putting it in DFU mode? Unless that is what hitting restore does??
    03-19-2014 07:32 PM
    But I always just do OTA updates and I've never had most of the problems we see here on the blogs. I've never put my phones in DFU mode. If I do a full upgrade it's just because it's a beta and I don't have an OTA choice.
    03-19-2014 07:56 PM