When You Upgrade Your iDervice Do You Do A Restore - Clean Install?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you upgrade you upgrade you iPhone's or iPad's OS or even MAC for that matter do you do a restore after a backup and then clean install?
Can you explain in just a few lines how and why you upgrade your device?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excluding the Macbook, I always do a clean install of an iOS upgrade. Although I may initially accept the upgrade OTA, within a day or two, I put the device in DFU mode and then restore and set it up as new via iTunes. Why? I don't want leftover junk from the previous iOS installation. Besides, I truly believe that it has kept me from experiencing many of the problems I read about daily throughout the forums that others are having.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Excluding the Macbook, I always do a clean install of an iOS upgrade. Although I may initially accept the upgrade OTA, within a day or two, I put the device in DFU mode and then restore and set it up as new via iTunes. Why? I don't want leftover junk from the previous iOS installation. Besides, I truly believe that it has kept me from experiencing many of the problems I read about daily throughout the forums that others are having.

Same here.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree after our conversation the other day doing my first Restore / Clean install took a lot of the "Other" away and I gained to 2 GB of space and now a fast and snappier 7.1 5S. I would write a guide on it but someone already did a lone time ago (Laughing)

PS Why do you put it into DFU mode. I did mine w/o putting it in DFU mode? Unless that is what hitting restore does??

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner