How About Some Good Jailbreak Tweaks For The Power User?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you an iPhone power user and your phone is jailbroken and can't go without? Here are some items got the Power User. Tell us what you thing!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I would call myself a power user :p
Here's a part of my tweaks, I have more installed, but these are the most important
  • Action Menu (Plus Pack) - enhances the stock Action Menu and add more actions like saving and using favorite phrases, a history of clipboard entries, Look up words with search engines (which you can also add; predefined is: Google, Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Google Translate) and lot lot more
  • Activator - A centralized gesture and action system where you can assign a kind of gesture for example invoking Apps, NC, CC creating scheduled actions, actions based on how you swipe and tap on apps and million other things. It's the most awesome tweak since Jailbreak (for me)
  • BeeKeyboard - Allows you to set actions and shortcuts with a bluetooth keyboard and also to control your iDevices completely without touching it (see my ultimate guide: http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/282583-ultimate-guide-using-iphone-ipad-via-bluetooth-i-bluetooth-keyboard.html)
  • CCToggles - Allows you to fully customize your Control Center, remove, rearrange elements and also add Activator actions to it like composing Facebook/Twitter posts, invoking menus and actions and lot more
  • GridSwitcher - lets you customize the appearance of the switcher. Allows you to see running apps in a grid with customizable size like 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4
  • iCleaner Pro - Lets you remove unnecessary files and data from your device and also lets you quit/stopp running system functions/daemons which you maybe never need like Siri, logging and lot more (you have to set the developers repo: "exile90software.com/cydia")
  • iFile - THE file explorer for iDevices with root access. You can access the system of your iDevice and do everything just like the file browser on PC
  • InstaLauncher - lists all installed apps alphabetically and launch them from anywhere (except Lockscreen) in milli seconds! you can also chose favorite apps etc.
  • IntelliScreenX 7 - (Yet) the best Lockscreen and Notification Center customization tool for iOS 7. It lets you compose and replay to messages, mail, Facebook, twitter and lot more from Lockscreen and Notification Center. It even has million other stuff packed, would take too long to explain, it's a MUST-HAVE ;)
  • KeDoRi Pro - Stands for KeyBoardDoneRight and is very very handy if you use more than one language/keyboard. It switches automatically the keyboard respectively to the words you write. For example I write in German and English and it detects automatically the language and switches every time I write something
  • SBProfiles - You can create profiles with system attributes (with Flipswitches) like bluetooth, air plane mode, volume level, location services and all other Flipswitches you can additionally add from Cydia. These created profiles can be activated manually and with a lot of triggers like entering a special Wi-Fi connection (like home or work), entering a special place (GPS) and lot more ;)
  • Springtomize 3 - Lets you customize almost every aspect of your system like home screen app layout, number of apps on the page, folder settings, Control Center customization, Font settings, animation and animation speed and tons of other stuff

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask :)

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Two small ones I like to use are
1. Delete World- Allows you to delete words to the Left OR right of the cursor. Handy
2. Double At- hit the @ key twice to populate your email address into the email box when logging in to apps etc. It's crashing lately not sure
what the issue is but it's handy when working properly.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That are great tweaks,too, but I wanted to mention 2 things.

1. Delete World- Allows you to delete words to the Left OR right of the cursor. Handy
This tweak is cool, but it's not iOS7 ready, so that wouldn't be a good idea to install it. BUT the free version "Delete Word", (which is also not updated for iOS7) does work on 32 bit devices without any errors. I'm also using it. But it can 'just' delete additionally words instead of letters with the pressed shift ⇧ button :)

2. Double At- hit the @ key twice to populate your email address into the email box when logging in to apps etc.
This is also cool, but if it's not working (right), you could do 2 other things.
  1. You could use the built-in shortcuts function of iOS and use a abbreviation which would insert your mail address, like "ppm" for "peter.parker@gmail.com"
  2. You can modify your keyboard which is very easy on iOS. Just go to the right folder in your system either with your iDevice with iFile oder use a app like iFunbox or DiskAid on PC/Mac to access the folder and file. modify it and insert your mail address. The advantage is, it also works in root apps like Cydia, iFile and password fields etc.

I once once described it in a post. It was about changing and modifying the iOS5 and 6 keyboard, but the iOS 6 and iOS 7 keyboard have the sam structure. If you additionally want to use any key like "@" then you have to change the keyboard of the language you want to change, for example the German keyboard if you would use the German keyboard, but if you then use the English keyboard then "@" wouldn't show your stuff. That's why I just used the default keyboard. Everything you change in the default keyboard appears on all keyboards ;)
If you still want to change that you have to go to the following path and change the files there, too. You have to replace "xx" by your language:
Code:
/System/ Library/ TextInput/ TextInput_xx.bundle/

Tutorial for modding iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.1 keyboards

There are minor differences. First of all: SAVE ALL FILES YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR REPLACE!

First of all, the path to the keyboard files is: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIkit.framework

If you are on iOS 5.1.1, you have to select your keyboard plist file, which you want to mod.
I used the german keyboard on iOS 5.1.1, so my keyboard plist file was called "Keyboard-de.plist"

If you are on iOS 6.1, you can't chose the keyboard you want, because the whole keyboard structure was changed. You have to mod the default keyboard file. It is called "Keyboard-default.plist".

If you open the files with iFile, you can chose between text editor and plist editor, unless you want to add a new character or hot key which doesn't exist, you should use the plist editor.

On iOS 6.1 and on iOS 5.1.1 you have to select a chacter. I recommend characters like "&" or "?" or "$".
Then open the directory in iFile. There are 3 fields:
  • Direction - sets the direction in which the popup will open. It's always only "left" or "right"
  • Keycaps - Thats what you see in the popup on you keyboard, if you hit and hold a speciific key. it should be maximal 3 characters
  • Strings - Thats the character or word, which will be pasted

You can only select one word without spaces. If you want to add more individual words, you have to use spaces.

Example:
Direction: right
Keycap: Bt AP TM
Strings: Bluetooth AirPlane TimeMashine

That's it. Save the file and do a Respring. After that you can paste them evertime you hit and hold the modded button on you modded keyboard.

Have fun :)

Optional for iOS 5.1.1:
On iOS 5.1.1 you have also the option to every key you want. For example I used the character "P" for my passwords. If you hit "P" and hod it, nothing will happen. You shouldn'e use a character which already has other forms like "a", "i", "c" etc. If you also want to set it on a character like "P", you have to add it manually. So open the keyboard file with the text editor in iFile. Copy the whole text from one letter, for example from "C".
It starts with <key>Roman-Accent-C</key> ..... and it goes to </dict>
Then replace the "C" with an "P", it should look like this: <key>Roman-Accent-P</key>
Then peplace the Keycaps and Strings just like I described it for iOS 6.1 and iOS 5.1.1

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
[*]IntelliScreenX 7 - (Yet) the best Lockscreen and Notification Center customization tool for iOS 7. It lets you compose and replay to messages, mail, Facebook, twitter and lot more from Lockscreen and Notification Center. It even has million other stuff packed, would take too long to explain, it's a MUST-HAVE ;)

Some great examples of power apps there but the one that stands out for me is definitely IntelliscreenX. I agree it is a MUST HAVE

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard modification is not utilized enough!
Simply amazing
I haven't typed in an email or password in over two years now!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73