We almost all came from a different OS to IOS so what made you switch over to an iDevice?
    03-16-2014 09:39 AM
    Simply put, it was time. I was looking to go back to Blackberry, but I had gotten accustomed to the full screen display, and the Blackberry Storm failed to peak my interest, therefore, I opted to buy the iPhone 4S shortly after it was released, and I'm so glad I did. I have no intentions of buying a non-iPhone in the foreseeable future.
    03-16-2014 10:45 AM
    Simply put, it was time. I was looking to go back to Blackberry, but I had gotten accustomed to the full screen display, and the Blackberry Storm failed to peak my interest, therefore, I opted to buy the iPhone 4S shortly after it was released, and I'm so glad I did. I have no intentions of buying a non-iPhone in the foreseeable future.
    Enuf said as I echo this.
    Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    03-16-2014 10:51 AM
    Was looking for dependability, and os that could be used with multiple devices.
    03-16-2014 10:57 AM
    I was on BB then switched to Android. I'd longed to be a part of the iOS crowd but iPhones were exclusive to AT&T at the time. Once VzW got the iPhone, I was all over a 4 then 4S and now 5.

and this...

Was looking for dependability, and os that could be used with multiple devices.
    taz323 and pr1nce like this.
    03-16-2014 10:57 AM
    Every Android device I owned had issues. I wanted a portable tablet that just works and is predictable and doesn't slow to a crawl after a year. I was very much tempted by Windows tablet but in the end decided that Apple seems to have better reliability and, more importantly, isn't going to drastically change direction every couple of years.
    03-16-2014 12:19 PM
    Android devices didn't get OS updates even if they could support it. Apple is better at delivering updates. I also did it for the apps, I don't trust Google with credit card information.
    03-16-2014 12:42 PM
    I bought an iPad2 for my wife as a surprised Christmas gift. So I set it up for her. I was so impressed I bought an iPhone foe myself, then iPad for myself then eventually a MacBook Air.

I recently sold my old BBC Storm2. I can't believe you had to push on the screen. What were they thinking? What was I thnking?

Good Luck
    Hansana likes this.
    03-16-2014 02:15 PM
    Once iOS 3 was out I decided to give the 3GS a lot more of my time. I would switch sim cards between that and whatever Blackberry I was using at the time. The 3GS was more of a "weekend" phone because it just didn't fulfill me enough to use it as a primary device. Once iOS 4 had multi-tasking, that was it for me. I knew the OS would mature even more after that to justify ditching my Blackberry for good.
    03-17-2014 04:55 PM
    I was in from day one with the very first iPhone. I had a 32gb ipod and a samsung d500 phone at the time. I was blown away by the first iPhone. We've had to endure a lot through the years, I remember you couldn't sent picture messages or multiple mms messages on the first iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-18-2014 02:39 AM
    Build quality and reliability ..... I was on my third BB ( one Curve, 2 Torches) and each had had significant reliability problems. ( hardware/software and network) I first got my wife an iPad 2 ( to replace an ancient boat anchor of a laptop) and on setting it up ( total Apple newbie, but it took 20 minutes to become functional) I was hooked. Replaced my BB Playbook with an iPad mini, and when her BB torch joined my Torch 2 in BB heaven, that was it - 2 iPhones 4s and haven't looked back. Even at premium prices, something that will last more than a year is a saving in the long run too.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-23-2014 05:24 PM
    The dependability, build quality and customer service are second to none. Plus, I was tired of loading leaks on my previous Blackberry devices. It was time.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-23-2014 05:37 PM
    Looking for a new home I'm glad I made the right move in fact today confirmed this as I was setting up an android phone for my cousins wife it was not a pleasant experience

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    03-23-2014 06:25 PM
    I realized that after giving Android a try for 4 years that the apps still lagged majorly behind, especially medical apps. I loved my Androids for tinkering but I needed something practical for my job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    03-25-2014 10:36 PM
    For me it was reliability and a phone that just "worked". After several years with Android, Blackberry, Palm, and Windows Phone I gave in. I went from a habitual phone swapper to a habitual phone user. The 4S was the first phone I ever kept for an entire contract length, and the 5 looks like it will be the second. Not even so much as a curiosity as to what's on the other side of the fence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-2014 10:49 PM
    I bought the first iPod touch in '07. At the time I was rockin a Samsung Blackjack. The iPhone didn't seem too interesting at the time to me. The iPod was the gateway drug. After that I've had every iPhone and every iPad, upgrading each year. The Touch allowed me to dabble in the ecosystem without the contractual commitment. As the apps become more plentiful, I saw their usefulness outside of a WiFi only environment.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    03-25-2014 11:15 PM
    I was an Android user since early 2011 for both phones and tablets. I finally just switched about 1 week ago to iPhone 5S because I simply had enough of having issues. The worst offender of all was the camera quality on nearly every Android device I own, owned, and discussed with others. As a new father, I kept missing great photo opportunities unless I grabbed my wife's iPhone in-time.

It didn't just end with the camera though, everything on iOS just seems to work the way it is supposed to, and does it smoother too. Android without a doubt is the more sophisticated mobile OS with more capabilities, and it's great if you want to tweak the heck out of it... but if you just want your device to actually WORK WELL, then iOS is clearly the more refined mobile OS and I'm gladly I finally made the switch. Guaranteed frequent updates is an added bonus to iOS as well!

So what do I miss about Android? More than, the navigation buttons on the bottom of the screen. But I'm getting by without them.
    ladyc0524 and vincie76 like this.
    04-06-2014 07:49 AM
    I use an iPad, Mac, iPod nano... So it was the logical step for me. I use an 4s with 64gb and i'm still very happy with it. I have a long long Mobile handset history (Nokia, Siemens, Sony, Palm, and before my iphone i used a Samsung Nexus). Thougt about a switch to a nokia 1020 and tested it. But it does not fit very well in my Apple Ecosystem. So i stay with iphone and wait for an IP6.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit iMore Forums
    serglb likes this.
    04-12-2014 03:17 PM
    The color blue caught my eye. I never considered iPhones before because I didn't like the way they looked or felt. This 5c was a totally new experience for me.

I've loved it since!

I've had so many different devices. Will I only buy iPhones? No. Though I WILL always buy one to enjoy next to whatever is my toy of the time. ^_^

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    04-12-2014 03:51 PM
    I followed my friends and finally got to experience the hype with my iPhone 4. After that I kept upgrading to each iPhone (might skip the 6 though). My iPhone 5C should last me for a while.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊
    04-18-2014 09:10 AM
    The color blue caught my eye. I never considered iPhones before because I didn't like the way they looked or felt. This 5c was a totally new experience for me.

I've loved it since!

I've had so many different devices. Will I only buy iPhones? No. Though I WILL always buy one to enjoy next to whatever is my toy of the time. ^_^

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    Same here. I like to explore new smartphones that come out and iPhones will always catch my eye. I upgrade to the newest one every year and will continue to do so. Surprisingly though, this may be my first Samsungless year unless the Note 4 comes with something huge.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    04-18-2014 09:37 AM
    Was an Android user and liked to tinker. Eventually I just wanted something that worked reliably - when I got an ipad from work, I fell in love with it and got an iphone as well.

ladyc0524 and sherpa14k like this.
    04-19-2014 01:28 PM
    Was an Android user and liked to tinker. Eventually I just wanted something that worked reliably - when I got an ipad from work, I fell in love with it and got an iphone as well.

The iPad experience is spectacular. I think that may have swayed me as well because I like to have a consistent experience between my phone and my tablet. And the iPad is by far the best in the game.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    llfloyd79 likes this.
    04-19-2014 02:26 PM
    What Made You Switch To An iOS Device?

Verizon getting the iPhone... no local AT&T service or I'd have had one before I did...
    04-19-2014 02:29 PM
    Sprint dragging their feet releasing a BB10 device. I'm kind of glad they did. I miss my physical KB but I like how iOS works.
    04-19-2014 04:54 PM
45 12