What Made You Switch To An iOS Device?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The color blue caught my eye. I never considered iPhones before because I didn't like the way they looked or felt. This 5c was a totally new experience for me.

I've loved it since!

I've had so many different devices. Will I only buy iPhones? No. Though I WILL always buy one to enjoy next to whatever is my toy of the time. ^_^

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Same here. I like to explore new smartphones that come out and iPhones will always catch my eye. I upgrade to the newest one every year and will continue to do so. Surprisingly though, this may be my first Samsungless year unless the Note 4 comes with something huge.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Was an Android user and liked to tinker. Eventually I just wanted something that worked reliably - when I got an ipad from work, I fell in love with it and got an iphone as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Was an Android user and liked to tinker. Eventually I just wanted something that worked reliably - when I got an ipad from work, I fell in love with it and got an iphone as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The iPad experience is spectacular. I think that may have swayed me as well because I like to have a consistent experience between my phone and my tablet. And the iPad is by far the best in the game.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What Made You Switch To An iOS Device?

Verizon getting the iPhone... no local AT&T service or I'd have had one before I did...

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Sprint dragging their feet releasing a BB10 device. I'm kind of glad they did. I miss my physical KB but I like how iOS works.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I switched to iOS for the support. Apple supports their devices better than anyone. If I have an issue I can take it to the Apple store...if I have an issue with android, who do I take it too?....the carrier store lol. When updates are released or a new version of the OS is available, pretty much all the devices get it and they get it the day it's available. The phone could be two years old and they will still get it. They don't have to wait months or wonder if there 6 month old android phone will get it. It doesn't have to go thru the carrier first and then to you...it comes straight from the source which is Apple. Love that.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

zcostilla

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Simply put, it's the apps. My iMac Bible program, Accordance, has a very powerful app for iOS but not android, so I got an iPad mini. I also found the medical apps are better on iOS than on android. The Microsoft Office apps are another great appeal, but Microsoft has said they're coming to android soon. That said, there are things I dislike and may force me to switch back. The first is the keyboard. It hurts my thumbs to type as I always have, and changing styles is so much slower, that it might end up a deal breaker. I also hate the way cloud storage integrates, as I have three or four extra steps to take when attaching files from my Dropbox to an email.

Zac

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It was known as "the best phone in the world" at that time. And to switch from my blackberry pearl flip to the iPhone was insane

AndyM72

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Symbian. I had many Nokia N Series phones that had a dial keypad and physical buttons for everything, but when the original iPhone came out, I knew Nokia would have to move to touchscreen designs to stay relevant.

Plus the first iPhone wasn't really a smartphone (meaning it was a pocket computer that could run 3rd party apps, and just happens to make calls too). So I stayed with my N95.

iPhone OS 2 brought the AppStore, and at that point I knew Nokia were screwed - Apple had turned the iPhone into a smartphone faster than Nokia had turned Symbian into a touchscreen OS. And then Nokias first attempt came out, and it was a dog, hopeless.

I jumped ship when the 3GS and iPhone OS 3 came along. I could put up with no multitasking (which Symbian had from day one) because iPhone OS now had cut and paste (which Symbian also had from day one).

Yes, of all things, cut and paste was what finally made me move to Apple!

Android? Well, it was a pile of **** back then, and even though it has improved leaps and bounds, it's still not as smooth as iOS or Windows Phone (have you seen WP8.1? It's very good), and Google Play is like the Wild West, apps aren't properly vetted, and once on your phone apps are not "sandboxed" enough (who know what background thread they start and can leave running after you've supposedly force closed the app).

MDMcAtee

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a 4s last year,and found with my aging eyes couldn't see it very well.I did enjoy it because it flat worked each and every time I needed it to. This was awesome and it has not happened on any phone or platform since trading it in on a Gnote2...and now a Nokia Lumia 1520 with the 8.1dp..

I absolutely loved to flash other roms,and themes on it,but grew tired of doing so in the end. So I went with this 6" phablet from Nokia loaded up the developers preview on it and found while 8.1 is nice....I really miss IOS and the stability of it. 8.1 has some very ignorant quirks to it that won't be corrected for sometime,and since I want a larger screen have been waiting patiently for Apple to release a iPhone with one. Come April when this one is paid off,the 5.5" one will be mine and I will be happy. I bought my first iMac last month and it is friggin awesome,so I am looking forward to IOS 8 and Yosemite...who knows perhaps the 4.7" will suffice and snag a iPad mini....either way,I'm switching platforms and look forward to a great spring next year
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was the iOS 8 and OSX Yosemite combination that made me switch. The continuity between phone and computer is something I had been trying to get to work with android for about 5 years, and when I saw the keynote I ditched my Verizon contract and bought a 5C. I can't wait to use iOS 8 and Yosemite when they come out. And I'll probably get the 6 when it comes out too.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had invested a lot of time and money in Palm but after seeing the writing on the wall I made the decision that Apple will be my future. Best tech decision I ever made I never thought I would like it as much as I do

JmBApps

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I switched for the music and art capabilities. PC dood before last year...now, ALL MAC. iPhone5, iPad3, iMac.
Then I downloaded Xcode and was instantly addicted.
Now I develop...or at least try.
Self taught programmer, since Aug 2013. Well....I guess I should count my basic programming class in 10th grade on the Commodore PETS. Graduated in 1986, that should help age me. Haha!
Mac4Life
AppLife
jmbapps.com

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The fact that I can backup / restore the apps and settings and know that my IOS device will be the same as before, for me that is peace of mind. No other platform can do this. Also, the quality of the apps and in my case I use my iPhone to scan documents and store files in the cloud. Yes you can do this with other platforms, but in my experience IOS never failed. As a professional I need something stable, with quality and the peace of mind that it won't fail me. IOS and OS X does this.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I switched to Mac for video and photo editing and presentation purpose.

Then got caught up in the hype for iPad, resisted for a year then got the iPad 2.

Two years later got the iPhone 5, loved the synchronization between the three.

Now I have the iPad Air and the iPhone 5s.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

agp101

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Needed to replace my very old android tablet. Wanted something a little more premium (to last 2-3yrs), and android just isn't up to par at the high end of the tablet space. So I got the iPad air.

For phones though, android all the way for me. I'm still extremely happy with my 2 year old Nexus 4, and I specifically wanted a ~10 inch tablet because my phone is almost 5" and my next I'm sure will be greater than that, so what's the point of going for 7-8".

Posted via iMore App

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone was my first full touch device, when the original came out. Then, it took Att forever to get a decent Android. Tried the Captivate, liked the screen, but the phone was terrible. Went back to the iPhone.

I've bounced back and forth, still wind up mostly with the iPhone. I'm on a Nexus 5 now, but I'm switching back, more than likely for the last time.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Got tired of pulling batteries...taking apps off to figure out which one was causing a problem...wasting time "customizing" my phone...not getting updates...having to rely on Verizon for tech help on a phone they didn't even make...having to jam a phablet into my pocket...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPhone since they were first released. I came from a feature phone Sony Ericsson and the iPhone was the first real smartphone I had. I did have a few pseudo-smartphones, like the 02 XDA and the Nokia 9000 but they were just too big Nokia 9000. The reason I swapped was that I could see the way the tech was going and wanted to have access to the internet and emails in a better format than my previous phones. I rarely buy on contract, preferring to purchase an unlocked model outright. It's what I'll do with the 6 when it's released too.

Since owning an iPhone, I've had numerous other devices such as blackberry and Android models but always in conjunction with an iPhone, never instead of.

When I broke my iPhone 5 about six months ago, it felt like a limb had been removed until I picked up a 5s and all was well with the world again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner