What Is Your Overall Opinion Of IOS 7.1?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Simply put -- I like it. My devices are snappier, no quirks, and everything still works..:)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's great. No crashes so far, and the battery life is great, I have no complaints. I don't really care for Carplay and the aesthetic features so I'm fine on that front too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyjayjay

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Updates seem to keep getting bad results for me. Battery life, keyboard background unchangable,lock screen buttons swipe gone now small button, Podcast forward & rev buttons replaced with 15 second times, even pause button missing sometimes now. Just my first day of use of update observations. I like iphone's they just seem to be getting un- user friendly.

Iphone 5S 32GB

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So far I like it fine, no issues whatsoever. However, I have had absolutely no problems on my jailbroken devices with 7.0.6. With that I'm trying to decided whether or not to update my other 5s and rMini to 7.1 or leave them jailbroken on 7.0.6.

0rbital  Halcyon

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate the tweak to animation speed (much more tolerable now) and the list view in Calendar, but it's not as mind blowing as I was hoping for. I have a 5, so I didn't really see the crashes that plagued many 5s devices (although I did have 2 between 7.0 release and now). It made my iPad 3rd gen a little better, but I really didn't have that many issues on it (I had upgraded to iOS 7 and set it up as New).

I did have to eventually set up both devices as New on iOS 7.1. I did the OTA upgrades when it came out, but I ran into issues with wifi connectivity (oddly, the 2.4GHz spectrum and not the 5GHz issues that others have reported) and quirkiness (Mail seemed to take forever to sync, open, switch folders, etc.). But after setting up as New, both devices are performing well, and I don't have any unusual battery drain that often comes with updates. Overall, pretty positive (although it would have been a wonderful gift if Apple had included a quick reply to iMessage right in notification center).

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy because 7.1 feels like iOS 7 should. On my iPad Air I was having multiple crashes per night (a lot of Apple boot screen of death) especially while FaceTiming. My iPhone 5 wasn't as zippy as it should've been, and it had more crashes then it should've too. iOS 7.1 has fixed most of the crashing. It introduced a wifi problem on both devices and I've since restored both (from backup) and it hasn't cropped up since doing so.

Overall I'm pretty happy, happy enough that I've decided not to try a Nexus 5 (for now)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy because 7.1 feels like iOS 7 should. On my iPad Air I was having multiple crashes per night (a lot of Apple boot screen of death) especially while FaceTiming. My iPhone 5 wasn't as zippy as it should've been, and it had more crashes then it should've too. iOS 7.1 has fixed most of the crashing. It introduced a wifi problem on both devices and I've since restored both (from backup) and it hasn't cropped up since doing so.

Overall I'm pretty happy, happy enough that I've decided not to try a Nexus 5 (for now)

Yea. Glad it's working out for you. You would gain little to nothing with the Nexus. IMO.

0rbital  Halcyon

Lugerlicious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Not worth losing my jailbreak IMO.
Apple shouldn't be able to dictate what we can and can't do on OUR devices!

Seven years later and still the same ol keyboard?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Lugerlicious

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It sure is! Apple hasn't come far along as customization goes.
Seriously, just stop and think how limited the keyboard is compared to ANY other platform. Even freakin blackberry has a better keyboard than iOS!!

Don't get me wrong I love IOS but it is far too limited.

You must not know all the awesome tweaks the jb community offers.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It sure is! Apple hasn't come far along as customization goes.
Seriously, just stop and think how limited the keyboard is compared to ANY other platform. Even freakin blackberry has a better keyboard than iOS!!

Don't get me wrong I love IOS but it is far too limited.

You must not know all the awesome tweaks the jb community offers.

I do find the keyboard difficult after the accuracy and efficiency of my Android options. You've got so many different keyboards to choose from too.

Speaking of jailbreak, I finally found iSwipe for my 5s. It's not incredibly accurate but when I'm in a hurry, it's useful.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

ichgeheinskino

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
i liked the ios 7.1 it really made my 5S faster then i expected.. BUT i hate that they removed the caller ID big screen photos -_- i really need that feature back tbh.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok but my battery life is downright AWFUL. The standby drain and usage drain is much much worse than with previous versions. Makes me wish I wouldn't have updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods