iOS 8 Wishlist

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know the drill, with every major iOS update, there are things that we had hoped would be included, but wasn't so let's here it. What are things you are hope will be included with iOS 8? Me? I'd like a built-in file system that auto-syncs to iCloud and that would allow me to send "documents" from within the email and iMessage apps....:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Google Plus integration

Choosing which control center toggles I want

Weather info on the lockscreen with refresh options

The share widget added back with an option to be in either notification center or control center.

An option to disable the parallax effect only

Enabling hardware acceleration for apps

An iOS wide night mode

A "my documents" type of folder for apps to save/access files like PDF files, pictures, videos, music in one location but also apps can create there own folders within the "my documents" folder to store saved games. This folder can be an option for the user.

Power savings options like performance, balanced, power saving, custom.

And finally...

An option to install or uninstall features/default apps you need or don't need on the fly or at least an option to completely disable features and hide apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
- The ability that when you pick your phone up it knows this and shows the time and any notifications. Sort of a quick peek look.
- Actionable notifications.
- Have Siri be on device. No need to go to the cloud for an on device search.
- Staying in the Siri vein, I would not mind if they added ability to just speak to the phone, rather than have to hold down button. (Some people may not love this one as it can seem intrusive. However, if they give an option if you want it enabled that could work).

:)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The ability to choose which apps open by default.

Most noticeably, the ability to open another browser, instead of Safari, from a link in an email for example.

Or change my default messaging app to something like BiteSMS (the default on my jailbroken iPhone 5).

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
- The ability that when you pick your phone up it knows this and shows the time and any notifications. Sort of a quick peek look.
- Actionable notifications.
- Have Siri be on device. No need to go to the cloud for an on device search.
- Staying in the Siri vein, I would not mind if they added ability to just speak to the phone, rather than have to hold down button. (Some people may not love this one as it can seem intrusive. However, if they give an option if you want it enabled that could work).

:)

I agree Siri needs some on device activity but the space it would take will hurt the 16GB devices but if they drop the 16 for the 32 it could work out

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Better multi tasking options.

Ability to chose if you want your emails, contacts Calendar, messages and keyboard with a light theme or a dark theme.

more options for unlocking the phone, finger print scanner is nice but its not my favourite feature. I like blackberry 10's picture password, its simple yet not easily figured out.

air gestures, would be nice to answer a phone by waving your hand over it if you are doing something messy where you don't want your screen to get dirty or you need both your hands.

battery saving options

control center customization

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There are a further few things i'd like to see implemented in IOS8 that aren't outside the bounds of possibility.

- More granular control over settings. Say I want my keyboard tones to stop when I am dialling a number but I do want keyboard clicks when I am typing, there should be toggles for these things individually for instance.
- More control over what can be in the notification panel. The ability to add and remove items from the notification pull down.
- More Lock screen customisation. For those who are jailbroken, IntelliscreenX is just about my most favourite tweak and is worth a jailbreak just for that (in my opinion, of course, your mileage may vary). For those unaware, it allows more notification information to be shown on the lock screen.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Airplay via airdrop, since AirDrop uses Bluetooth to find devices and then uses wifi direct to transfer the file why not use wifi direct for airplaying videos to an Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

bossy005

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Enhancement in Map
More options in keyboard ( in a sentence if I want to write every word with capital letter.
What if I want to hide my icons to make my wallpaper more prominent.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Gus2259

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Weather icons for a week in Notification Center instead of text.
Able to choose which apps are used in Control Center ( or at least offer a list to pick from such as the calculator on iPads )
Actionable notifications
Able to create groups in Contacts
Full photo on screen for incoming phone calls
Notification by email or Text when someone accepts your invitation in Calendars
On iPhones able to add events in Calendars by just touching the day in Month view while in portrait view
Have Notes show a Search bar at the top without having to pull down on the screen
Able to click a Calendar event on the Notification screen an go straight to the app
Able to display contact photos on the home screen and when selecting one it gives the ability to call, text, email, or FaceTime
If no Calendar events are scheduled for that day, simply show Calendar icon and say in large text "No Events Today" & delete the current empty lines shown

toysforever

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A decent operating system would be nice for a change. I have over 300 apps and it takes me forever to find most of them so I can delete them, move them around, in folders, etc. The Find feature should let us know which page the app is on so we can quickly find it and do what we want with it. Also, being able to record our phone calls is a necessity for some of us. It's sad that we have to jailbreak our phones to get this feature. Developers keep telling me iOS does not allow it. Finally we need better shortcut controls, like being able to write more than one line, add time stamps, etc.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
A decent operating system would be nice for a change. I have over 300 apps and it takes me forever to find most of them so I can delete them, move them around, in folders, etc. The Find feature should let us know which page the app is on so we can quickly find it and do what we want with it. Also, being able to record our phone calls is a necessity for some of us. It's sad that we have to jailbreak our phones to get this feature. Developers keep telling me iOS does not allow it. Finally we need better shortcut controls, like being able to write more than one line, add time stamps, etc.

What's not decent about the current OS version?

You want the Operating System to keep your device organized for you 😳

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just a small bit of customization. I'd like to be able to hide the dock image and icon labels and adjust the scale of the app icons. Also separate toggles for the different animations.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
iOS NEEDS some type of swype for the keyboard, especially with Android and WP8.1 both having it.

People say they want a file manager, I agree but not an in depth one. I don't need access to the file system, I want access to a Documents, Music and Pictures folder that show up when you connect your phone to a computer and a way to view files on the phone from the phone. Also a way to attach files to an email from within the email app.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
iOS NEEDS some type of swype for the keyboard, especially with Android and WP8.1 both having it.

People say they want a file manager, I agree but not an in depth one. I don't need access to the file system, I want access to a Documents, Music and Pictures folder that show up when you connect your phone to a computer and a way to view files on the phone from the phone. Also a way to attach files to an email from within the email app.

Not a Swype person, but understand the appeal. If the Documents feature and functionality you described shows up in iOS 8, that would be awesome.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox