iOS 7.1...How's your battery life?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see it yet for the official release so I figured I'd start it :D

Updated to 7.1 on my i5 yesterday morning while getting ready for work and she's still kicking...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394605377.572573.jpg

Looks like I might not have to blow up my phone with a factory restore after all (whew)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Didn't see it yet for the official release so I figured I'd start it :D

Updated to 7.1 on my i5 yesterday morning while getting ready for work and she's still kicking...

View attachment 51354

good but do post us usage battery hours aswell with high usage ? and battery drop overnight for an 8 hours sleep at standby?

Looks like I might not have to blow up my phone with a factory restore after all (whew)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Full day with iOS 7.1 on my Verizon iPhone 4S and I have to say I'm impressed. My stats consist of NO music playback, browsing on social networks, a phone call, iMessaging and taking and editing a few pictures. Wifi on and 3G is off. The only weird thing was a few hours ago my battery dropped from 12% to 6% while idle within about 30 minutes. Still, very impressive.
IMG_2156.png
This is right after the phone cut back on

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Battery is MUCH improved. My fianc?e was listening to iTunes Radio the other night for 3 hours and only lost 3%. That's pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394637526.464114.jpg I don't know how to feel about these numbers. I think I'm going to do a clean reinstall tonight.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I let it die last night and recharged overnight, so far so good, but til I did that it was bleeding like a sieve.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
this is what I have always used:

iOS 7 battery saving tips

If you installed iOS 7 and restored from a backup, you should restore as new and resync all your apps manually. This is best done on your computer using iTunes. This helps ensure no problem files are brought over. It also helps get rid of the huge cache of old files you do not need. You will lose all data saved on the phone when you do this. Transfer pics and music to computer first. This is the best way to get a clean install, and worth the effort.

Always turn off wi-fi and bluetooth if you are not using them. Turn auto brightness on for the screen and make sure the timeout is 1 minute.

After using the settings below cycle your battery two times. That means let it die until it turns off on its own, and then charge to 100% without using it while it charges. This does NOT “train” the battery, but it calibrates the battery meter so you get a true measure of performance.

Use these settings for maximum battery life:

settings > notification > turn off notifications for all apps you do not truly need push alerts for.

settings > general > spotlight search > make sure nothing is selected. this archives and scans your hard drive with every change so it can index your data. this uses a lot of processing power.

settings > general > accessibility > reduce motion > on

settings > general > accessibility > increase contrast > on (this turns of transparency which uses a lot of processor power)

settings > general > siri > raise to speak > off

settings > general > background refresh > on. the only apps that truly need it are maps, find my friends, etc.

settings > general > auto lock > 1 minute

setting > wallpaper & brightness > choose a still wallpaper

setting > wallpaper & brightness > auto brightness > on

settings > privacy > location services > on

settings > privacy > location services > disable location services for any app that doesn't truly need it. Only maps and weather really need it.

settings > privacy > location services > system services > turn all off except for compass calibration and traffic

settings > privacy > location services > system services > frequent locations > off

settings > privacy > advertising > limit ad tracking > on

settings > cellular > turn off cellular data for any app that doesn’t truly need it

settings > general > diagnostic & usage > don’t send

I also recommend closing any Safari tabs when you are done browsing. Some sites automatically update, which uses data.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Never been one to track battery life. This good or bad?
u3aty8u3.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine so far today after a clean install
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394648420.607454.jpg
Wifi only and cellular data is off.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It's important to remember that usage depends on what you are doing. If I start snapping 100 pictures or playing games all day, my usage goes down a little. Just a little though.

I consider it a success if you can use your phone the way you want to and have battery left at night. I'm a fan of charging the phone every night while I sleep regardless of %.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394654057.262822.jpg
Battery is getting ready to tap out. Personally this battery life is disappointing to me. It's far short of the proclaimed 10 hours on LTE. I'm going to try a clean install tonight.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73