I want to check that my iphone update via ota or itune.

spykid

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone
Now i have many iphone from my customer 7.0-7.0.6 waiting for jailbreak.I want to check that iphone update via ota or itune for protect boot loop on apple logo.Have someone told me check via redsn0w Extras/Even more/Identify it show many information But i don't understand.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Can you explain it a tad clearer, please?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
He wants to know if the device was updated OTA or through iTunes?
It honestly doesn't matter at this point? try and JB if you can, and if you cant... Welcome to 7.1

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
He wants to know if the device was updated OTA or through iTunes…
It honestly doesn't matter at this point… try and JB if you can, and if you cant... Welcome to 7.1
Follow this. One of two things is true: It was updated via OTA or it was updated via iTunes.

If it was updated via OTA, you can't jailbreak it and it has a rather large security hole. You want to fix this. It'll never be jailbreakable at 7.x unless it's updated to 7.1 and a jailbreak is released for 7.1. There's no benefit to remain at its current iOS. If it gets into the boot loop, just DFU and restore. Not only does it clean up the security issue, it moves the phone into the only state it might be jailbroken at a later date.

If it was updated via iTunes, the jailbreak will succeed and you can use tweaks to mitigate the security issue.

Either way, you don't want to remain in the current state. Why would you care which of the two states it is in?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh