IOS 7.1 incoming call question

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It's strange how Apple feels leaving it out is no big deal but I say we need to have that option not just on calls but also on the Contacts list screen and Messaging like in Hangouts and Facebook messenger

IMore needs to get a poll going in the official Blog

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

It's off topic, but you seem to know quite a bit and my first experience with iOS7 is my iPhone 5s. This is something that annoys me and I hope they change. I hate that the top of a text or iMessage only shows first name. Example, I text Mike Apple and then text Mike Peach, it only says Mike from that point on at the top of the thread so I always have to make sure I'm texting the right Mike. Sure, you can tell by the thread but accidents happen. My boss and best friends name is Stephen, I had to change my best friend to just his last name so I wouldn't text my boss anything crazy by accident. Why can't they put first and last name or first and as much as last name fits? It's literally the only issue I have with the iPhone after using every BlackBerry going back to the 7100 through the most recent Z30.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you go to settings>mail contacts and calendars>contacts>short name. You can select how names are displayed in messages at the top of the thread.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I liked the full screen contact pic on a incoming call. But didn't like the rectangular labels. I think the remind me and message buttons would get lost in a full screen photo.

Its like they get so many things right, and then the begin to "fine tune" as they like to refer to it. In the end they come out with some great features and simplify many things and screw everything else up that they got right. I feel like i can never win 100% with apple

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Did the 7.1 beta have full screen contact pictures on incoming calls?

No. None of the Betas had the full screen photo. All were the same as 7.1 we have now - the little bubble at the upper right. I agree with those who like and miss the full-screen photo. It was sort of like having FaceTime activated without the grim reality of a live shot. I look a whole lot better in a photo than in a live shot.

MileHighJoe1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That small bubble you see in the bottom right is the Tapatalk app icon that shows up in screen shots. When an actual call comes in and you have the contacts photo it's is just as big and located in the middle as earlier OS's.

100% wrong.
Also, I get NO PHOTO for Contacts with long names.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
100% wrong.
Also, I get NO PHOTO for Contacts with long names.

Already addressed this if you took a moment to read. I made a mistake. In the original post a comment was made about "the pic in the right corner". I thought they meant the lower right corner which was clearly the Tapatalk symbol. Later someone posted the comparison screenshot of 7.0 with full photo versus 7.1 with bubble face in top right corner and I admitted I was wrong. So why don't you take your condescending a$$ elsewhere unless your willing to read before posting. Multiple times I said I made a mistake and 24 hours you chime in? Lazy a$$, read before you post.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the small bubbles I like to keep things private everybody doesn't need to know who is calling me

Me too...and my guess is they are doing it to leave space for something coming in iOS8. Maybe map integration like if their location settings are on and they call you'll see where on the map or something. Who knows, but I don't think the space was left empty to remain that way.

JsLee14

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand those who would prefer to have the small picture, but why take it out completely? Just make it a choice in accessibility or something to have full screen or not :/

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums