iOS 7.1 is live

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just had a couple of Touch ID failures requiring me to enter my password. These are the first occurrences on 7.1.

Same. But I do have a lifeproof nuud case on mine. I hadn't had any with my defender on but I'll stick with the case and see if it gets any better.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

OMGTwinMommy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
As long as your home button is wide open and "available," for lack of a better word, your Touch ID should work 100%. At least mine does and I have 7.1.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jacques Lewis

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that on Facetime my front camera don't work:mad: - then when investigating it - my rear stopped responding!:no: Any one else experience this and if so - is there a fix?:huh:

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that on Facetime my front camera don't work:mad: - then when investigating it - my rear stopped responding!:no: Any one else experience this and if so - is there a fix?:huh:

Forced restart? (Power and home until black screen)

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
WALLPAPER PROBLEM of iphone 5:
This image is what my wallpaper should look like - clean, crisp, bright colors from top to bottom.
IMG_2130.PNG

The following image though is what happens with ios 7.1 - the top 1/3 - 1/2 of the image now has this weird dark portion on it? It only happens on like 2-3 of my 77 wallpapers, but it's still very annoying. Those wallpapers never did this on ios 7.0. It's obviously a but and i hope they fix it. At least it only affects 2-3 of my wallpapers, if it did this on all of them, i would be livid.
IMG_2129.PNG

It has NOTHING to do with the "reduce transparency" option and i've seen several postings on Apple's forums with other users reporting the same thing. I think the reason more people haven't noticed this is that it only happens on select images and i've yet been able to figure out why it only happens on some images. I bet if many of you with iphone 5 phones, go thru your wallpapers you'll find this happens to you also.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that spotlight search might be slightly broken. While searching for an old text it would bring up the thread but it couldn't find the message

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that spotlight search might be slightly broken. While searching for an old text it would bring up the thread but it couldn't find the message

Same here. Also in Notes the word is not highlighted nor is it zoomed in like Messages. If you have a lengthy Note, then it's a bit of an effort. I maybe wrong, but previously search results came with word underlined.

Natalie W

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

Is anybody else having issues with texting? This update really sucks for me on my iPhone. Nuked my last years worth of data and pictures. Now I cannot receive texts. Half of my apps are gone. Hate it. Not going to update my iPad. That is the only way I can get texts now.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Is anybody else having issues with texting? This update really sucks for me on my iPhone. Nuked my last years worth of data and pictures. Now I cannot receive texts. Half of my apps are gone. Hate it. Not going to update my iPad. That is the only way I can get texts now.

No....I haven't seen that happen. Maybe install a fresh copy and restore from iCloud?

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Nope, you definitely have something funky going on.

A restore should fix your problems.

Oh, and this is why we always backup, backup, and when you think you have enough back ups, back up some more! :p

debbob

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm actually having a new problem on my iPhone 4 (yes, yes, I know....) that I didn't have prior to the upgrade to 7.1. Now, when I make or take a call, the phone screen doesn't stay in the foreground on my phone. So to end the call, I need to tap menu or the power button, slide to unlock, enter my passcode then I see the phone screen to end the call. Anyone else with the problem or am I the last person on the planet who still has a 4? Any ideas?

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm actually having a new problem on my iPhone 4 (yes, yes, I know....) that I didn't have prior to the upgrade to 7.1. Now, when I make or take a call, the phone screen doesn't stay in the foreground on my phone. So to end the call, I need to tap menu or the power button, slide to unlock, enter my passcode then I see the phone screen to end the call. Anyone else with the problem or am I the last person on the planet who still has a 4? Any ideas?

The only problems i have with calling is tht i keep pressing buttons with my ear -_-....problem which i did not have before..and i can't lock my phone as i need to do it from my screen. My button is stuck :( Can't press anymore

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jmseinna

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
i have a little problem with my iphone 5 running ios 7.1 everytime i lock my screen and wait for about 20 seconds,. and when i wake up my phone. it has about 1 - 2 seconds delay before the screen wakes up. anybody having this issue as well?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
i have a little problem with my iphone 5 running ios 7.1 everytime i lock my screen and wait for about 20 seconds,. and when i wake up my phone. it has about 1 - 2 seconds delay before the screen wakes up. anybody having this issue as well?

I haven't seen anything like that on any of my devices.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

No issues here on my VZ 5S.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice