iOS 7.1 is live

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 has been released

I had that issue this time, and never had it prior to this one. I think it was just due to everyone hammering the server. I started trying an hour before leaving work, and used the WIFI for the office downstairs. It was about 3/4 of the way done with the "preparing update" thing when I had to leave, and lose my WIFI, so I thought "ok well it'll pause and I'll finish later at home." Well, it kept going. And as I drove to my appointment it was still finishing the install. Which surprised me..

Anyway...the only changes I noticed right away besides the button changes/design changes are that it undid all my settings, as usual, and that it's kind of killing my battery. Otherwise I haven't noticed a lot.

You only need wifi to download it, you can install it while on 3G/4G/LTE, I recommend to have a strong and fast data connection though for when the iPhone is verifying update with apple's servers.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Did iOS 7 used to darken on the Touch ID finger when you had that finger placed on the home button? I never noticed it before if it did

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

nda87

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

A couple weeks ago I found a wall per fix app that solved the issue of not being able to resize your own photos for either lock or home screen. It seems Apple May have fixed that with the new update. I was able to resize any photos from general setting without of the app I bought

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks and runs great on the 5. I told my boyfriend to update his 4 (he's the type use a phone into it falls apart). He has complained about it lagging here and there so I'll see what he says afterwards.

The love the bold letters on the keyboard, the option to darken colors and the snappier animations. I turned them off for a little while but I'm glad to have to them back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IUCJustin

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Any one notice the short jarring jolt of a vibration that happens every time a message is received in iMessage while using the app? It was a longer vibration in 7.0 and it didn't bother me but the short jolt in 7.1 just annoys the heck out of me.

Through settings I was able to disable vibration when iMessage is closed but I'd prefer the opposite! Stop jolting me with a vibration when I can see that a message came.

Inspired by the following quote, "You should never prompt the user for something that the computer can figure out on its own."

You shouldn't bug the user with vibrations if the user is actively using the app. Unless they're playing Operation.

Anyone know how to turn this off?

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So far 7.1 has made my phone feel so much quicker and more responsive. The tweaks to the icons and graphics puts just enough of a shine on the package. No big complaints here. The only down side I see is that incoming caller photos do not take up the whole screen now. They are small icons and in the right hand corner of the screen. I used to like seeing a huge photo of the caller.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Somehow the battery life has increased drastically as well. I'm now running on almost a day, and I'm still at 45%...amazing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is great for me also. Only complaint is that control center and notification center lag on the lock screen a little on my 4S

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
for me it change alot to the better since update.
no more heating.
battery life much stable now.
faster performance.
no lag at all.
no restart.
over all i am totaly saticfied.
thanks Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

for me it change alot to the better since update.
no more heating.
battery life much stable now.
faster performance.
no lag at all.
no restart.
over all i am totaly saticfied.
thanks Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I am really liking iOS 7.1 so far but I still hate the new iOS 7.x dialer.

Your phone models please?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox