Downgrading iPhone 4 with 7.0.6 to any other version or turning it to iPod

leomachado666

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, your going to need the password.

So if i try to put a jailbroken firmware like evasion or redsnow or one of those, what is it going to happen?
I would love to have it working at least for music...

My distant relative passed away so there is no way to get any data from iCloud, can i go to a Apple Store and ask them to unlock it? i mean... i'm in Uruguay, No veo como solucionarlo :(

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It for security, designed to be secure. Going to Apple store, I don't think will be much help. As far as JB, I don't do.so I can't say for sure, but doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

leomachado666

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I guess that if i jailbreak it, it would be like installing a custom rom on android, erasing all info about the lastest OS, including iCloud data, or if i delete the iCloud from the Rom, it would not install because there would be no setup file...

Maybe someday a fix will come

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Find my iPhone is there for a reason. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Nothing you can do unless you can remove that phone from the find my iPhone from iCloud.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The "fix" is to not possess a phone registered with find my iPhone on somebody else's iCloud account.
No matter what the circumstances are.

leomachado666

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
The "fix" is to not possess a phone registered with find my iPhone on somebody else's iCloud account.
No matter what the circumstances are.

And what would happen if i flashed a jailbroken firmware?, at least i would love to listen to some music and give it a use...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
And what would happen if i flashed a jailbroken firmware?, at least i would love to listen to some music and give it a use...

iOS 7 - The device will ask for the Apple ID
iOS 6 or lower - iTunes will ask for the Apple ID before it is activated.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

leomachado666

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

And if i use an older iTunes?, i think i read something on the internet about another version of iTunes...something older, for example, if i use the iTunes that came out for the iPhone 4.

That deserves a try i guess

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bro.
Sometimes people keep searching for an answer because they don't like the one that have.

This is you currently.

Your question.
Can I bypass find my iPhone?
The answer.
No.

Thread closed.

Also, what's the deal with iCloud anyway... You got the phone legitimately? is it pass code locked and you can't get into the device, so you're trying to restore? Because if you just want to use it, you don't need to remove iCloud?
Ya know?
If I were to stop pretending to be nice and concerned and be the normal jerkwad that everyone at imore knows me to be, I'd say you didn't get this device in the manner in which you say, and that you are trying to get our help in some nefarious plan.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have an iphone 4 with the lastest update (7.0.6?) and i cannot get the icloud account (someone from USA gave me the phone and he is no more :( . )
I would like to know if there is a way to bypass the iCloud protection or to downgrade to a simpler version, like iOS 5 or 6...

I don't care if it's jailbroken or the stock version, i had the iPhone 3G with sn0wbreeze a while ago, then i changed to android and started rooting,installing custom roms, kernels and more... so i have some experience and would like to know if i can get any tool to make it work .

Can i at least turn it into an iPod?

I dont have the iCloud credentials, he never gave me the info.

I'm from Uruguay and i don't know which company they had, i think it's free

And if i use an older iTunes?, i think i read something on the internet about another version of iTunes...something older, for example, if i use the iTunes that came out for the iPhone 4.

That deserves a try i guess

As has been said, there is *no* fix, as this is exactly how it's supposed to work. This prevents someone from stealing another person's device and being able to use it. There is some weird method if you can call and send Apple a death certificate, but it doesn't always work. The Jailbreaks could technically work around this I think, but they don't for the exact reasons we have all said. If they worked despite how your phone is working, they'd be promoting theft.

Look at it this way, as you got yours legit, you can at the very least try the Death Certificate route (I think they need a bunch of other stuff too though to verify). Someone who stole a device has no route to get it working.

tl,dr; There is absolutely nothing you can do. At all (apart from calling Apple). There is no "fix" as the issue you are having *is* the fix for theft.

Actually, iOS 6 or lower lets you restore it as new from DFU mode. But, before leomachado666 asks, there is absolutely no way to downgrade to iOS 6 from with this issue on it, as *no* *one* will help you do that as would then be helping someone else who may have stolen a device, unlike you getting the device from someone who passed unfortunately.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As has been said, there is *no* fix, as this is exactly how it's supposed to work. This prevents someone from stealing another person's device and being able to use it. There is some weird method if you can call and send Apple a death certificate, but it doesn't always work. The Jailbreaks could technically work around this I think, but they don't for the exact reasons we have all said. If they worked despite how your phone is working, they'd be promoting theft.

Look at it this way, as you got yours legit, you can at the very least try the Death Certificate route (I think they need a bunch of other stuff too though to verify). Someone who stole a device has no route to get it working.

tl,dr; There is absolutely nothing you can do. At all (apart from calling Apple). There is no "fix" as the issue you are having *is* the fix for theft.

Actually, iOS 6 or lower lets you restore it as new from DFU mode. But, before leomachado666 asks, there is absolutely no way to downgrade to iOS 6 from with this issue on it, as *no* *one* will help you do that as would then be helping someone else who may have stolen a device, unlike you getting the device from someone who passed unfortunately.

I actually had the iOS 7 beta and I tried downgrading to iOS 6 using DFU mode. iTunes asked from my Apple ID once it was done restoring and it wouldn't activate until I entered my Apple ID.

Edited: read the OP post again, there is no carrier called free in the US

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking the device is NOT the same as installing a custom rom on android. As it's already been said, nothing u can do. It's a paperweight until u have it remove from the iCloud acct or remember the password.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the iOS 7 beta and I tried downgrading to iOS 6 using DFU mode. iTunes asked from my Apple ID once it was done restoring and it wouldn't activate until I entered my Apple ID.

Edited: read the OP post again, there is no carrier called free in the US

Freedom Pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods