Given up on JB, sorry to say.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I am one of the unfortunate one's who's iPhone 5s suffers from regular and random re-springs.

I had Jailbroken it and was really enjoying the added customisations I had made. BiteSMS, Springtomize3 etc. But unfortunately, it actually made the effects of the re-spring issue worse. Not because of the actual JB itself, that was rock solid, it was the fact that when the device re-sprung, it launched into Safe Mode, as a consequence of that I had to re-spring for a second time. On a couple of occasions I had to re-spring four times!

This just added to the frustration. So I was in a Catch22 situation. Loved my JB, hated the re-springs. But I am optimistic that Apple will cure the issue in iOS7.1, but that probably won't get a new JB.

Two choices. Put up with the re-springs and enjoy the JB, or forget the JB and have a more stable iPhone.

My choice was the later, I am sorry to say.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the unfortunate one's who's iPhone 5s suffers from regular and random re-springs.

I had Jailbroken it and was really enjoying the added customisations I had made. BiteSMS, Springtomize3 etc. But unfortunately, it actually made the effects of the re-spring issue worse. Not because of the actual JB itself, that was rock solid, it was the fact that when the device re-sprung, it launched into Safe Mode, as a consequence of that I had to re-spring for a second time. On a couple of occasions I had to re-spring four times!

This just added to the frustration. So I was in a Catch22 situation. Loved my JB, hated the re-springs. But I am optimistic that Apple will cure the issue in iOS7.1, but that probably won't get a new JB.

Two choices. Put up with the re-springs and enjoy the JB, or forget the JB and have a more stable iPhone.

Aww, sorry to hear that. I also have the exact same problem, but I put up with it because I love my jailbreak too much to restore at this time.

This post was made by Tiffany

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues with the JB whatsoever. The 'instability' comes form a bug in iOS.

The only reason I went back to stock was of the frustration of having to re-spring TWICE. Without the JB it was only ONCE. But its not the JB's fault.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Did you check your diagnostics? I was getting random reset due to a WLAN hook error

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393780258.163493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Restore your phone as new, bring it to apple, tell them about it "respringing", her your new phone jailbreak away

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 5s and don't have that problem. My JB has been great. Are you sure your issue isn't with a tweak you have??

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies. Yes, Tiffany, I don't believe it is anything to do with a tweak. It was happening before and after I JB.

However, just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, since I restored (from a backup I made just prior to Jailbreaking), my device hasn't re-sprung - yet.

My diagnostic log is empty at the moment.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought that you clearly stated that your phone was "respringing" while it was not jailbroken!!!!
And I remember saying something like, how is that even possible? What does a non jailbroken iPhone "respring" look like. And I always used quotes around respring?
So if you're saying that the respringing only happened after the jaikbreak then it's OBVIOUSLY tweak related!
Just need to find the culprit, or combination of tweaks that causes the multiple resprings?

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my phone. I had nothing weird installed but my phone went into safe mode a few times a day.
So I restored it and everything is fine now!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Nope. You got me wrong. It re-resprings with OR without the JB. It is just that when JB, it does it TWICE. Once when it crashes, then it boots back into safe mode so I have to MANUALLY re-spring to get back to normality.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I also have a 5s and don't have any problem. The JB is rock solid. If I had an issue I'd restore and take it in and receive one in proper working order.

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know the resprings are caused from conflicting tweaks... Hence why it goes into safe mode.. Sometimes you can spring yourself out of it but that will only last a short time if it's conflicting... Is this a issue with the 5s ?? I have a 4 and run into random springs but fix it by turning off or removing the tweak in question... Someone correct me if I am wrong so that I might have a better understanding because I am self tought and learn on the go...

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner