Hi all so don't burn me at the stake. I have always been and Android user and recently switched to iOS with iPhone and iPad mini. I have sort of come to expect certain things in the way I use my tech but It seems I may now have to rely on a desktop for certain things again unless I am missing something.

I often with my android used it for quick management of my website with ftp and uploading/downloading things. Now I know iOS does not have a files manager as such like android does but i wonder if there is anything I am missing.

I have managed to get an ftp app but now the prob is downloading things like a zip file from a site. Where does it go or how do I access it? Also on android on certain sites and mine where I might want to hit a button in my admin panel to upload a file on android it would obviously allow me to go to file manager and choose the file, I can not seem to find any such feather on iOS as it only takes me to camera roll. I am taking a guess that you are all going to say jailbrake is the way. If this is the on,y option then I am a little gutted I chose iOS I honestly was ready to ditch android. I much prefer how iOS is after many years of using android but this has dishearten me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-01-2014 03:39 PM
    Documents by Readdle and Goodreader may be something you might benefit from.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    03-01-2014 03:47 PM
    Documents by Readdle and Goodreader may be something you might benefit from.
    As JustMe'D,, stated above they are both good, and welcome to IMore, good luck and enjoy your new iPhone and iPad.
    03-01-2014 04:09 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your new iPhone.
    03-01-2014 04:26 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    03-01-2014 04:35 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Documents by Readdle is pretty good.
    03-02-2014 12:28 PM