Where do downloads save & how do I access them on my iOS devices?

gavpedz

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all so don't burn me at the stake. I have always been and Android user and recently switched to iOS with iPhone and iPad mini. I have sort of come to expect certain things in the way I use my tech but It seems I may now have to rely on a desktop for certain things again unless I am missing something.

I often with my android used it for quick management of my website with ftp and uploading/downloading things. Now I know iOS does not have a files manager as such like android does but i wonder if there is anything I am missing.

I have managed to get an ftp app but now the prob is downloading things like a zip file from a site. Where does it go or how do I access it? Also on android on certain sites and mine where I might want to hit a button in my admin panel to upload a file on android it would obviously allow me to go to file manager and choose the file, I can not seem to find any such feather on iOS as it only takes me to camera roll. I am taking a guess that you are all going to say jailbrake is the way. If this is the on,y option then I am a little gutted I chose iOS :( I honestly was ready to ditch android. I much prefer how iOS is after many years of using android but this has dishearten me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: Where do downloads save & how do I access them on my iOS devices?

Documents by Readdle and Goodreader may be something you might benefit from.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Documents by Readdle and Goodreader may be something you might benefit from.

As JustMe'D,, stated above they are both good, and welcome to IMore, good luck and enjoy your new iPhone and iPad.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your new iPhone.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. Documents by Readdle is pretty good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro