My iPod has been crashing a lot since it's been jailbroken

Bean42

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post so sorry if this is in the wrong section.
For about the past month my iPod has been crashing. Whenever I put the screen to sleep I can't make it wake up again for about a full minute. The screen just won't respond and is black. I got the crash reporter app and I gat a lot of crash reports but I don't know what to do with them to find out what's making my iPod crash. I can post some crash reports for different apps if it helps just ask. Please help!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you jailbreak your device?

Whether you did or not, you're still probably going to want to restore the device in iTunes (hopefully you have a solid backup, if not try to do one manually through iTunes while connected by USB cord).

If you did jailbreak it, try to remember which tweaks or customizations you added to the device before it started having the issue and either refrain from using those or check to see if there are generally reported bugs regarding them.

Bean42

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry I forgot to mention it is jail broken with evasi0n iOS 6.1.2 and I can't remember installing anything before it started crashing. I've had it jail broken since iOS 6 first came out and this is the first problem I can't seem to fix

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry I forgot to mention it is jail broken with evasi0n iOS 6.1.2 and I can't remember installing anything before it started crashing. I've had it jail broken since iOS 6 first came out and this is the first problem I can't seem to fix

Do what Sean said. Wipe and reinstall the iOS then reJB if you want. See if that fixes it.

Olny other option would be to uninstall every tweak you've installed and see if that fixes it. Winterboard was crashing my phone for the longest time and I had to uninstall it but reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine for now. :)

Bean42

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a backup anywhere. Can't I just post some crash reports and someone could see what problem is so i dobt have to re jailbreak?t

jack6191

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Olny other option would be to uninstall every tweak you've installed and see if that fixes it. Winterboard was crashing my phone for the longest time and I had to uninstall it but reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine for now. :)

Agreed I had problem with activator..once removed its fine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR