Will Apple do iOS to Mac OS AirDrop in iOS 8?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been wanting AirDrop to work between iOS and Mac OS since it first appeared on Mac OS. Now it's on iOS but they still don't transfer between themselves. I thought with apps like DeskConnect doing it Apple might take the que and do it natively. Until I really thought about it and is there really a need for it anymore? There are online storage apps like Box and Dropbox which can be installed on the desktop and iOS devices. They give pretty good storage space for free accounts. It's my solution I drag a file into Dropbox on my iPhone/iPad and then it's on my Mac and vice versa. This method needs internet connectivity but AirDrop needs Wifi anyway so if I've got Wifi then most likely I've got internet. Apple doesn't do things just because so if there is already a fix for the problem they aren't going to impliment another fix just because they can. Which was why I thought perhaps they might not have AirDrop work between the devices after all? But then the majority of regular people aren't using Dropbox or Box. So isn't it easier for Apple to show off the new AirDrop feature between devices rather than expect users to find the solution or tell users to use a third party app. So will they or wont they I'm still not sure at this point lol

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see this too. Will iOS need a file system exposed to send/receive, or will the AirDrop iOS feature have its own separate non-user accessible structure and space? Just trying to think how I'll be able to browse AirDrop content that's been received from OS X.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If they do it then they will most likely restrict it to the files that can be done between iOS devices right now. So pictures, videos, contacts, websites and it will probably just show up the same way on the iOS device as if you sent files between iOS devices. I'm kind of iffy on whether I really need it anymore I used to think I definitely need it. But now there are just so many options that I'm losing the want. However I guess it was the same before AirDrop came to iOS. You could send files via iMessage or email but sending with AirDrop was just easier than those methods.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative