Should Apple copy Google?

geekynerd00

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Let me explain: I use Google's opinion surveys quite a lot and love the fact I can earn Play Store credit. Shouldn't/couldn't Apple implement something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Too many people would complain about privacy so I don't think apple would do that.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
That sounds nice and I like free things. I wouldn't mind it as something hidden :)

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, Apple would have been fine without Google influencing the market with Android. If one looks closely you can see how the iPhones have largely retained a lot of the features they have on the entire line. Even iOS7, while looking new, still has much of the Apple touch and style in it.

The features that Apple apparently took from Google was really just because those ideas are no brainers. Search bar on the home screen, things like that are just logical to put on any phone, like the lock screen, like the password unlock.

To be fair, Google also clearly copied many of Apple's ideas as well, so why not Apple copying Google once in awhile? They are pretty much even.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, Apple would have been fine without Google influencing the market with Android. If one looks closely you can see how the iPhones have largely retained a lot of the features they have on the entire line. Even iOS7, while looking new, still has much of the Apple touch and style in it.

The features that Apple apparently took from Google was really just because those ideas are no brainers. Search bar on the home screen, things like that are just logical to put on any phone, like the lock screen, like the password unlock.

To be fair, Google also clearly copied many of Apple's ideas as well, so why not Apple copying Google once in awhile? They are pretty much even.

"logical" and "Apple" don't always belong in the same sentence, especially since Jobs is not around anymore.

Android would be a far better OS if (1) the software was properly coded and (2) the hardware was well designed and put together with better quality components. As it stands, the Android is a half arsed implementation of brilliance, and iOS is an excellent execution of mediocrity. After dealing with sudden lags, crashes, and hardware failures for over two years, I've come to appreciate a reliably working, if limited, system.