i tend to get a "call failed" error pretty often on IOS 7

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I have an Iphone 4 and taking into consideration that I saved my shsh blobs I have the ability to downgrade my phone. I have done this countless of times, because although the phone is a bit slower on IOS 7, i do prefer the design of IOS 7. The main thing that pushes me to downgrade back to IOS 6 is the fact that i tend to get a "call failed" error pretty often on IOS 7, sometimes when I try to make a phone call and sometimes during a phone call. While my cellular signal is pretty bad (1-2 3G bars), i have never dropped any calls on IOS 6. I have gathered information on this issue and it seams that it might have something to do with my carrier's protocol (Vodafone) not being updated to take advantage of the new Multipath TCP networking offered by IOS 7. From what I have read, this issues seams to appear in newer iPhones as well and is not that related to the signal strength but more to the carrier so I am pretty worried I am going to have this issue even if i intend to buy the iPhone 5S. I would appreciate to know if anybody else has been confronted with this issue since updating to IOS 7 and if so, are there any permanent fixes to this issue? Thanks!

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Call Failed

I haven't. I figured this wouldn't be necessary because this issue occurred every time i used IOS 7, even when i had set up my phone as new and manually installed my apps instead of restoring from a backup. Thanks for the answer.

I saw some users suggesting that setting the carrier manually might help, but others saw no results in doing this. Could this actually help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't. I figured this wouldn't be necessary because this issue occurred every time i used IOS 7, even when i had set up my phone as new and manually installed my apps instead of restoring from a backup. Thanks for the answer.

I saw some users suggesting that setting the carrier manually might help, but others saw no results in doing this. Could this actually help?
It could, but you won't know until you actually try it...:)....The worst that could happen is that the result will be the same.

daniel_alexie

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks again. And sorry, forgot to mention that for the moment i'm back on ios 6 and only today have i started researching the "call failed" issue in order to see if anybody know a fix that could make me feel it was worth it to update again, because if it doesn't work i ll be back on ios 6. Thank you for your help. I'll make my mind if i receive any encouraging responses, if not i ll wait for IOS 7.1. Have a nice day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks again. And sorry, forgot to mention that for the moment i'm back on ios 6 and only today have i started researching the "call failed" issue in order to see if anybody know a fix that could make me feel it was worth it to update again, because if it doesn't work i ll be back on ios 6. Thank you for your help. I'll make my mind if i receive any encouraging responses, if not i ll wait for IOS 7.1. Have a nice day.

You're very welcome, sir, and enjoy the rest of your day...:)