IPad 4: Upgrade to 7.0.4 or wait?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPad 4 wifi-only running 6.1 (jailbroken). Using mainly Springtomize and Winterboard/Ayecon, I've gotten it to look exactly the way I want it. I also rely on Password Pilot, since I make the majority of my App Store purchases from it. Given that (of these) only Winterboard has been updated for 7.0.4 so far, should I wait for updates or upgrade to 7.0.4 while there's still a jailbreak available? There are more and more non-jb apps that I like that require iOS 7, but I'm pretty happy with the setup I have now. Still, I'd hate to miss the opportunity to move up to 7 if they close the jb window with 7.1....

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I would wait until all the tweaks I use have updated to iOS 7 but it's all up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
That's the way I'm leaning, too. I guess if the exploits are fixed on 7.1 I'll just stay with what I've got for now. I should probably go donate to a couple of developers to help motivate them! 😀

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPad 4 wifi-only running 6.1 (jailbroken). Using mainly Springtomize and Winterboard/Ayecon, I've gotten it to look exactly the way I want it. I also rely on Password Pilot, since I make the majority of my App Store purchases from it. Given that (of these) only Winterboard has been updated for 7.0.4 so far, should I wait for updates or upgrade to 7.0.4 while there's still a jailbreak available? There are more and more non-jb apps that I like that require iOS 7, but I'm pretty happy with the setup I have now. Still, I'd hate to miss the opportunity to move up to 7 if they close the jb window with 7.1....

So far they're tweaks that do the same stuff as springmotize like the hidden springboard settings. Then winter board is updated and they also just updated ayecon for ios 7. There's a tweak called itouchsecure that does the same thing as pilot pro except for basically every app and most websites. (Even if you don't have touch id) to be honest I see no reason not to upgrade unless you're really comfortable with ios 6 and don't want ios 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, at this point the only tweak I really like for the iPad that hasn't been updated or replaced with something better is Emblem, and the grapevine says they're working on that one, so I'm going for it while the window is still open. Wish me luck!

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Or maybe not. I'm unable to get my iPad to backup in iTunes. Every time I try, I get the "iTunes could not back up the iPad because the iPad disconnected," although the iPad isn't actually disconnecting. Maybe I could try putting the iPad into Safe Mode to see if I can get it to back up? I deleted the only old backup I had (nearly a year old) in case it was corrupted, and I'm running the latest iTunes (and I've restarted both the iPad and the MacBook. Any suggestions?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Safe Mode didn't work. I uninstalled Software Update Killer and rebooted, but the OTA update doesn't show up in Settings. It's starting to look like DFU and start over. Open to ANY suggested alternatives! 😥

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Turn off power saving for your USB port is the only thing I can think of to try if your iPad is disconnecting.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh