Evasion help please

stemma

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to jailbreaking so please be patient.
I've got an iPhone 5 running on iOS 7.0.4
I've downloaded the evasion 7 and ran through the instructions.

I've got to stage 9 where I've launched the evasion app and the phone reboots. Once it reboots the evasion application on my PC shuts down and that is it. I'm left with the evasion app on my phone???
Please could someone help me progress this further. I've tried everything such as closing my anti virus. Backing up to my PC via iTunes etc etc. I'm running windows on my PC. Thanks

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try restoring your phone through iTunes then trying to Jailbreak again.
Have you updated software OTA? If you have it can cause this.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Run the program as administrator. Right click on the evasi0n program on your computer. Select properties and then run in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2. If that doesn't work use another computer. Good luck. :)

stemma

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for helping. When you say restore is that the full reset where I lose everything? If I back everything up will I get everything back?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for helping. When you say restore is that the full reset where I lose everything? If I back everything up will I get everything back?

Yes, it wipes it to factory defaults. Backup the data to iTunes then do a restore by clicking on the restore button in iTunes. After that is done just resort from backup and then jailbreak the phone.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it wipes it to factory defaults. Backup the data to iTunes then do a restore by clicking on the restore button in iTunes. After that is done just resort from backup and then jailbreak the phone.

Yes I meant to tell you to back up first. Once you back up you can restore back to the way it was before.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your pass lock is turned off as it can glitch up the install. I had to install 3 times before it went all the way through and the culprit was likely the pass lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else coming to this thread with similar issues, the first three steps to this jailbreak is to backup your phone, restore as new. Then restore your backup.
Turn off pass code, Then run the evasion tool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox