Need iOS app to hide incoming SMS msgs and secret contacts, or will pay developer

kizoin

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I need an application that can hide specific contacts from the address book as well as sms communication with those specific people. it would need to catch all incoming SMS messages from that particular list of people and silently store them in a secret area of the phone. wouldn't even necessarily need to be a secret area, just somewhere I can hide/relocate myself if possible.

it is my understanding that apple does not allow developers to modify the contacts of the phone, so that leaves this duty up to the blackhat guys serving the jb community.

I have had one app in the past that did this, it was called Hidden SMS Lite, but devs stopped at ios4. I'm on 6.1.3 and I need a solution! hidden SMS Lite will not load on ios 6. I would also be interested in paying anyone that could figure out how to modify hidden SMS lite to function on 6, I feel that it would not be the most difficult task (not a ton of changes took places from ios4-6 imo)

I have searched far and wide for up to date software that can do this but I haven't had any luck yet.

other software that have similar hiding characteristics but still fail for either compatibility issues or just not meeting the above criteria are:

ninjaSMS
HideEmAll
CoverMe
SecretSMS

none of these apps will silently and stealthfully grab an incoming text and store it for you separate from your native IOS SMS application.

if anyone is up to the task to develop this, willing to attempt to reverse engineer hidden SMS lite to operate on ios6, or thinks they have another software that I could try, feel free to get in touch with me. monetary compensation is on the table here.

cheers.

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Not speaking from personal experiences.... :)

IBlacklist will let you do this. You will need to add the user to the IBlacklist list of names and numbers to block. Once you do that, you can set it up to put a little icon on your toolbar to notify you when you receive a call or text from that person. You can call or text that person without the call or text showing up in your log history. (They just fixed the text issue with the newest release). You can also camo the app too!!

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

IBlacklist will let you do this. You will need to add the user to the IBlacklist list of names and numbers to block. Once you do that, you can set it up to put a little icon on your toolbar to notify you when you receive a call or text from that person. You can call or text that person without the call or text showing up in your log history. (They just fixed the text issue with the newest release). You can also camo the app too!!

Sure you're not.....

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

So you've found iBlacklist to work on iOS7 with the latest Evasi0n jailbreak? I know the OP stated they were running iOS 6 though. just curious about iOS7...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Off topic, but does anyone else have the song Secret Lovers playing through their head? ... LOL iBlacklist worked for me on iOS7, does much of what you need. I was only jailbroken for a few days so I didn't spend a bunch of time with it, however it did load up and appear to be working.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys the OP probably just wants to keep his personal interaction with his dear Mommy private I can respect that 😉

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just lock your phone and not let anyone else handle it.

Or go old school....get a beeper! Have the person(s) page you, and you can contact them when it is convenient!

kizoin

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
just to follow up: I was able to get iBlacklist to function properly once I configured it. (thank you rgm1266). took a few minutes to get accustomed to, and after a few days I have it down pat. simply by copying specific contacts from my address book to the "blacklist", any communication from those people will go into the blacklist app, and not to my messages.app. I can also block their calls/send to voicemail/auto respond to call with a text message. if someone contacts me when I have the software enabled, I have the option of a vibration notification, a tone like a regular text message, or none at all. has a cool optional feature of a little notification icon in the top bar next to the battery which the average person wouldn't pick up on as well.

my personal favorite part is that it has a feature to camouflage the app with custom icons (or you can provide your own via ssh) and a custom title. further, you can set dual passwords to the application so that if someone tries to access it, and they enter the wrong password, it will redirect to any app of your choosing (really nice for camouflaging purposes) and obviously the correct password will open the iblacklist interface.

for those of you who posted in this thread that may or may not be slightly mentally challenged, some guys have a private life that they don't want a certain someone knowing about, so they use an application like this to assist them.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
just to follow up: I was able to get iBlacklist to function properly once I configured it. (thank you rgm1266). took a few minutes to get accustomed to, and after a few days I have it down pat. simply by copying specific contacts from my address book to the "blacklist", any communication from those people will go into the blacklist app, and not to my messages.app. I can also block their calls/send to voicemail/auto respond to call with a text message. if someone contacts me when I have the software enabled, I have the option of a vibration notification, a tone like a regular text message, or none at all. has a cool optional feature of a little notification icon in the top bar next to the battery which the average person wouldn't pick up on as well.

my personal favorite part is that it has a feature to camouflage the app with custom icons (or you can provide your own via ssh) and a custom title. further, you can set dual passwords to the application so that if someone tries to access it, and they enter the wrong password, it will redirect to any app of your choosing (really nice for camouflaging purposes) and obviously the correct password will open the iblacklist interface.

for those of you who posted in this thread that may or may not be slightly mentally challenged, some guys have a private life that they don't want a certain someone knowing about, so they use an application like this to assist them.

Glad it's working out for you

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

CIA 😎

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Plus everything else iblacklist offers? before ios7 it was hard to block people from contacting you, especially if they had an iOS / osx device.
And the whitelist as opposes to blacklist feature? what if you only wanted your kids be able to call/text certain people? app is feature packed

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You have some expensive fast food places near you. $12 for a value meal??

Anyway, I can see what your saying 3cit. It can be worth it.

Generally, you're looking at ~$8-10. As far as the hit on your budget, that's not far from $12. Hence, "roughly."

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If your main concern is keeping work contacts separate from personal contacts just use google voice. Bury it in a folder and turn off notification banners and sounds. You'll be able to see badge count in the folder. If your trying to do something more nefarious than that, I have no clue never needed that functionality before.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.

kingpin2014

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, did you ever find an app that met the requirements outlined in your original post?? Kinda need one myself. Ideally something like whatsapp, where the messages/pictures are free to send, but secretly.

zcold

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
"Some guys have a private life" some girls too, like the one I'm seeing in an abusive relationship. Your description of the app really helped as the App Store page did not really describe how it worked or what it even does. This is exactly what she needs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner