Installing iPhone OS 1.0

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So it's easy to put iOS 1 on the iPhone 2G without bricking it like the OP has asked?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I said it's pretty tough to brick (and I say that as terminally bricked) an iPhone, period. Putting iOS 1 on the first gen doesn't mean that if it's bricked that it's bricked for life.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I understand what the OP is trying to do and wish the best of luck. Would be kind of cool to have a 1.0 device for your collection. Granted there was no app store back then, no mms however just to play with I think it might be worth the effort.

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
20-30 years from now who knows. It might fetch big money like the Apple 1 computer. It was the device that started it all.

I stand by my statement. I think the person who bought the Apple 1 was dumb too. Not saying they don't have the right it's their money. But it's still dumb.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I stand by my statement. I think the person who bought the Apple 1 was dumb too. Not saying they don't have the right it's their money. But it's still dumb.

It's only "dumb" if someone pays that kind of money and there's no market for that item. Someone that spends 100k plus on a collectible more than likely to them it's like spending $100.00. The number of zeros behind a number is all relative.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods